Emby connect not working

rbroh

rbroh

Using either the internal or external addresses listed on my server dashboard, I'm able to connect to my emby server.  Using emby connect, I can sign in (as can my other family members) and see my server, but clicking on it produces an error (screenshot below). I know I could use the external ip address, but I don't have a static one, so it'd be a pain to update when it changes.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Screenshot_20240503-205426.png

Hi. If your IP address has changed, try restarting your server.

HI there, are you inside or outside of your local network when trying to do this?

rbroh

I've tried it both ways, with the same issue. 

rbroh

And I have rebooted the server. 

Is there somewhere to see what ip address emby Connect is using?  Or is it the one shown on server dashboard (which is displaying my current ip address, and I am able to connect using this) 

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, rbroh said:

Is there somewhere to see what ip address emby Connect is using?  Or is it the one shown on server dashboard (which is displaying my current ip address, and I am able to connect using this) 

Yes it should be your dashboard address.  But if you go to Change server you should be able to click the menu options on your server to show server info.

16 minutes ago, rbroh said:

It will use the addresses displayed on your emby server dashboard. 

You may want to try unlinking and relinking your server with Emby Connect:

Emby Connect

rbroh
Posted (edited)

I've removed the server from Emby connect, but am unable to re-add it (error message below).  If I pop the URL that I'm trying to add to Emby connect directly into a browser, I am able to login to the Emby server.  I just can't add it via Connect

image.png.aacd58f32a262033bb34cfa9e7dbd901.png

Edited by rbroh

6 minutes ago, rbroh said:

but am unable to re-add it (error message below)

Hi.  Re-adding the server would be done on the server by entering your Connect email address into the proper field.

image.png

rbroh

Thanks.  I removed the account, saved it. Then re-added.  The server shows up again on the app.emby.media page, but still can't access, nor view server info:

image.thumb.png.45298cba8171fb34b70125049c4be601.png

Hi, did you try clicking Sign In with Emby Connect?

rbroh
Posted (edited)

Yep, which is another odd thing I've noticed (though not new, it's always been the case) - clicking on that takes me to sign in page, I sign in, and come right back to the same screen - as in, even after signing in with Emby connect, I still have the same 3 options,  My server, Add Server, Sign in with Emby Connect.

Does Emby Connect use a different port than accessing Emby directly via IP address?  Does it force to https perhaps?  I have the port forwarding for 8920 setup, and I can see that port externally when using a port listener app. But I can't connect to Emby via https.

Edited by rbroh

18 hours ago, rbroh said:

Does it force to https perhaps? 

Hi.  Did you read and follow the instructions in this message?

21 hours ago, rbroh said:

I've removed the server from Emby connect, but am unable to re-add it (error message below).  If I pop the URL that I'm trying to add to Emby connect directly into a browser, I am able to login to the Emby server.  I just can't add it via Connect

On 5/6/2024 at 2:26 PM, rbroh said:

Yep, which is another odd thing I've noticed (though not new, it's always been the case) - clicking on that takes me to sign in page, I sign in, and come right back to the same screen - as in, even after signing in with Emby connect, I still have the same 3 options,  My server, Add Server, Sign in with Emby Connect.

Does Emby Connect use a different port than accessing Emby directly via IP address?  Does it force to https perhaps?  I have the port forwarding for 8920 setup, and I can see that port externally when using a port listener app. But I can't connect to Emby via https.

Emby Connect uses the addresses displayed on your Emby server dashboard.

On 5/6/2024 at 11:48 AM, rbroh said:

Hi, yes, did you read the four suggestions and try any of them?