Server Stopped Recording

Indycars

Indycars

About the same time as I upgraded to version 4.8.5 the server stopped recording my TV shows even thou it's still set on the TV Guide to record. It is not just one show, but all of them. Today I noticed that I can no longer use Firefox to watch Emby. I've tried both ports 8096 and 8920, with and without http(s). Sometimes I get
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.We can’t connect to the server at ServerName. If you entered the right address, you can:    Try again later    Check your network connection    Check that Firefox has permission to access the web (you might be connected but behind a firewall)

And sometimes I get the Emby logo or just a totally black screen.

I have rebooted all my network devices ...... Modem, Router and Switch.

I upgraded to the beta 4.9.0.16-beta and also downgrades to 4.8.1.0 and then all the back to where I started at 4.7.14.0 . Nothing seems to help. I can't get to the log files since I can't get to the server web interface. Is there a way to get the log files from Emby Theater???

Suggestions ???

Rick

Indycars

I'm not sure what I would post, firefox shows a black screen, the blue text above or the Emby Logo. I can't get to the log files.

Can you be more specific.

Rick

Indycars
Posted (edited)

I went to another computer in the house that has not been touched since I have tried to fix the problems and Firefox worked with  4.7.14.0. I upgraded to 4.8.5.o, Firefox did not work with this version, just the Emby logo ONLY. I downgraded again to 4.7.14.0  and it worked after clearing the cache/cookie.

My problem sounds alot like this persons problem. It only show the Emby Logo.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/128747-on-my-qnap-ts-453a-the-latest-working-version-is-number-48039/

Seems there is something wrong between the  two versions I've tried above.

If I return to the first computer, and clear the cache/cookies, I still cannot use Firefox to access Emby with either server version running on my QNAP TS451+ .

I'm waiting to see if the server records with the old version installed now.

Rick

Edited by Indycars

Indycars

I didn't think you were coming back. No i can't get to the log files unless maybe it can be done by using SSH. But I have almost never used it.

I see the link you provided will help, will give that a try.

I  setup a new recording and this time it showed up in the "Recorded TV", but it would not play the file. All I got to see was a black screen and the progress wheel, I left it alone for 20 minutes, but nothing changed.

On another computer I was able to get into the Emby settings, so I copied both log files. They should show at least one recording, but there are another 12 recordings setup from before there was any problems.

I also could not watch live TV, got the same black screen and progress wheel.

ffmpeg-directstream-f9d34a86-df1c-4c60-81f3-89945cbb9f94_1.txt embyserver.txt

Well I must be really stupid, I cannot find your "Media Playback" settings anywhere.  I went thru every  setting a couple of times. I had downgraded to 4.7.14, so I upgraded to 4.8.5.0, but I still didn't find your Media Playback settings.

It's not in the section called "Playback" shown below, so where do I find this setting.

image.png.fa4e2feba69e30092f26064667461df2.pngimage.png.c18787059475020c50b2968d1c113e46.png

Those are user transcoding permissions. So click on Users, then click on the User you're trying to play with.

According to the log you restricted that user from being able to transcode.

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption.

But did you resolve the playback failures by undoing the transcoding restrictions? If you don't do that you may still have trouble playing your recordings.