Play back history is not being recorded.

Techyon

Techyon

Have a issue where playback history is not being recorded.

It is very specific, while using a browser it records as normal. position in a file and what you have played and what you have not.

However on the Emby apps it does not.

If i mark something as played it will indicated it has been played with the green tick, but when i go back into the episode it shows as unplayed. if i do it again it gets a error about cant file the a file.

I am busy with a library scan at the moment as soon as that has completed i will upload log files.

Techyon

Ok attached the server logs.

embyserver(1).txt

Here are some screen shots

Firstone is the video playing

Screenshot_20240504_082451_Emby.thumb.jpg.83af535c1de4e0cca7f0f8491bd432b6.jpg

Here is when i paused the video to show where it is in the playback

Screenshot_20240504_082501_Emby.thumb.jpg.f3114dc520a1a81c5bc598ae070722c5.jpg

And here i go to the home of the video and it did not record the playback history

Screenshot_20240504_082509_Emby.thumb.jpg.ff09d46c0ed4bbd1ab939af0838a36c0.jpg

So it does not remember where you where in a video or if the video has been watched.

Techyon

So a interesting one.

it looked like there was a issue with the client speaking back to the server.

I enabled SSL for the server and only allowed the ssl port through but i saw in the logs the client was trying to connect on the non ssl port and was getting a 404 error, or a 304

I have now run a nginx reverse proxy in from of the emby server and this seems to have resolved the issue. not getting any 304 or 404 errors anymore.

This is strange since i have done this many times and only this time did if give me this error.

Lessaj

Just wanted to add that I was still seeing clients within my local network attempt to access the server directly on 8096 even though I'm using a reverse proxy on a different server in a different subnet on 443 (but still within my local network). I had to put in a firewall rule to block it.

2 hours ago, Lessaj said:

Just wanted to add that I was still seeing clients within my local network attempt to access the server directly on 8096 even though I'm using a reverse proxy on a different server in a different subnet on 443 (but still within my local network). I had to put in a firewall rule to block it.

Emby apps always try to connect using the lan address first, so that’s why this happens.

Lessaj
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Emby apps always try to connect using the lan address first, so that’s why this happens.

Understood, thank you for clarifying that!

• Thanks 1