Cant Reach Server

shackbill
Go to solution Solved by Lessaj,

shackbill

I just built a backup server in a cloud account i have. I have no problem connecting and managing it from inside my LAN from my desktop computer but if i try to connect using an app on my iPhone or Samsung TV i get a CANT REACH SERVER error. Ive also tried to turn off the wifi on my iPhOne and connect thru cellular and i get the same error. I turned on debug on the logs to see if it was attempting a connect but i dont see anything.   Any ideas on what else i should check this seems like a very basic issue but i cant think of what im doing wrong.

ServerInfo6.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, have you setup https for your emby server? if yes, then the Samsung TV could be rejecting your certificate. It is very picky about what certificates it will accept.

shackbill
Posted (edited)

yea and i didnt really have a choice as the 'APPBOX' preconfigured everything. but it is a LETSENCRYPT cert and looks good. see attach.

Also as i mentioned earlier the same problem exists if i try to connect using my iPhone app.

Edited by shackbill

It could be the same reason for both. I'm surprised to hear that about the iPhone, but i can tell you that Samsung TV's will definitely not accept LetsEncrypt. In fact your choices are pretty limited. Some users have reported success with ZeroSSL and others with Digicert.

This is of course, assuming you entered the correct address and port into the apps, so I would double check that as well.

Lessaj
Posted (edited)

How exactly are you connecting to the server using your phone or TV?

EDIT: +1 for ZeroSSL I switched to it from LetsEncrypt when I was having issues on my LG TV, if I recall it had something to do with the root CA being cross signed. It's been a while. Though I suspect that you don't have much choice in the matter because this is being handled by a reverse proxy and is a wild card certificate, so probably your server provider is using this.

Edited by Lessaj

shackbill
Posted (edited)

i use a LETSENCRYPT on my home server and my sammies accept it just fine.

this error doesnt really appear to be something that a cert would give. see screenshot

Edited by shackbill

• Solution
Lessaj

You need to use port 443.

• Like 1

i use a LETSENCRYPT on my home server and my sammies accept it just fine.

I'm glad to hear that. Just be aware that historically it hasn't worked so you can't assume it will for all Samsung's.

shackbill
Posted (edited)

DOH! i just now saw that issue.. i was looking HERE: (see attch)

and not paying attention to thenetwork condig,

Edited by shackbill

shackbill
Posted (edited)

im getting same error. smh. NVM fat fingered. working now. thanks.

Edited by shackbill
  • Like 1