Back to PLEX i go..sad

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

Well back to PLex I go.. Emby is amazing on ANY device but Roku. The alphapicker is not working properly on Roku and since ALL my family and friends use ROKU; I get daily texts..Hey Emby froze when I went to look for a movie under letter (whatever letter) and had to close emy go back into and look for a movie using the fastforward button or voice search..SO becuase of this little issue that I guess the DEVs are handcuffed getting it fixed for Roku..I am sadly going back to PLEX and deal with the issues from plex when they arise..

I would rather stick with emby becuase for MY needs its the WINNER, but the alphapicker which even I use and all my family uses its the deal breaker....With over 6000 movies it takes a long time using the FASTFORWARD button.

I do hope there will be a fix for this..What ever code plex uses for the alphapicker..emby need sto use it. I'll keep checking back from time to time to see if its been fixed...

kjhedges

I have 6 Rokus that regularly stream media from my emby. I cant say that this is an issue for me. I have not heard of users saying about the aplhapicker, and my rokus on local network also have no problem with alphapicker.

chrisrobbins1970

are you able to go from # - Z without it freezing?? I have two Roku Ultras and 2 Roku Streaming sticks.. all local and having same issue.. 

I am using Synology for my server. If you can tell me what you have done to make the alpahpicker fast, please let me know

kjhedges

I use Emby Linux Server.

The alphapicker i can scroll down and it goes straight to the letter I select. Even when I scroll down letters and go to far, I can immediately go back up and it finds the correct letter and loads immediately.

I have done nothing to make it fast, it jsut is for me.

chrisrobbins1970
Posted (edited)

really...hmmmmmm....which Rokus do you use?..what emby version are you using on the Rokus?

Edited by chrisrobbins1970

kjhedges

Mine are Roku 3, and 2 Roku Premieres.  Users have Roku Streaming Stick and roku express and roku premiere.

chrisrobbins1970

hmmm...these are the older rokus... all mine are ultra and streaming stick+.. my family and friends use Roku TV all updates.. The one using android TV..no issues...

chrisrobbins1970

that is the server version...what emby version on the rokus?

chrisrobbins1970

yep..me too same build..so i wonder what the issue is then...only difference is you are using emby on linux and i'm using Synology DS1520+.

i have tested an amzone firestick and a walmart onn 4K streaming..bam alphapicker works flawlessly, but every Roku as this issue...

chrisrobbins1970
Posted (edited)

DELETED

watch video and you will see what I mean

kjhedges

Having never delved into Synology, I honestly couldnt say.

I got an access denied on link.

chrisrobbins1970
Posted (edited)

oops..sorry.. This is weird...two of my Rokus are ethernet and the others are wireless... Like I said this has been very weird for me..

kjhedges

Might need some more confirmation either way from some other users.

Also, maybe a dev can step in with some advice

chrisrobbins1970

been working with LUKE..and still unable to fix

kjhedges

Well, if any other users reading this topic have a simular issue as per the op, please do post.

Currently we have 1 Roku user whos Alphapicker is Slow on Synology Server

and 1 Roku user whos Alphapicker is fast on Linux Server.

chrisrobbins1970

yes please...is it something on my server?  is it a setting within the Roku??  Network ?

chrisrobbins1970

Here is the weird thing too... This ONLY happens for movies... TV or MUSIC..nope alphapicker is fast.

kjhedges

I have a movie library of 11254 Items spread over 9 Drives both local and network.

37 minutes ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

This ONLY happens for movies

I can't remember if we asked if you have "Group items into collections" selected?

chrisrobbins1970

embyserver.txt

Here is the server log...i let it run for nearly 1 hour and the alphapicker never progressed..the wheel just spun and spun

chrisrobbins1970

i do not have group items into collections.