ASS subtitle problem

baby555

baby555

ASS subtitles are not displayed on Samsung or LG TVs, nor are they displayed in browsers such as edge or chrome...
They only appear when you pause the playback for 1 minute, they only appear there
But they do not appear instantly, only on Android and Android TV devices if they appear immediately after clicking play.

erfghftrfd.PNG

guunter
4 hours ago, baby555 said:

ASS subtitles are not displayed on Samsung or LG TVs, nor are they displayed in browsers such as edge or chrome...
They only appear when you pause the playback for 1 minute, they only appear there
But they do not appear instantly, only on Android and Android TV devices if they appear immediately after clicking play.

erfghftrfd.PNG

I had a similar issue with my anime. I had to switch to burning in subtitles and turning off subtitle extraction.

baby555
On 4/29/2024 at 3:50 PM, guunter said:

I had a similar issue with my anime. I had to switch to burning in subtitles and turning off subtitle extraction.

off subtitle extraction corrects it
but doing that transcodes a lot every time you need to see the subtitles

guunter
1 hour ago, baby555 said:

off subtitle extraction corrects it
but doing that transcodes a lot every time you need to see the subtitles

Yeah but that's the only way i can get subtitles working. Luckily it's just the subtitles only getting CPU transcoded. That's why I said plex also transcodes the subtitles also.

BillOatman

Could you convert the ASS subtitles to subrip (SRT)?  You would lose some of the formatting and pretty animations, but it would at least work.

• Agree 1

baby555
5 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Could you convert the ASS subtitles to subrip (SRT)?  You would lose some of the formatting and pretty animations, but it would at least work.

It is a solution that would take a lot of time and work when there are many series and many chapters...
As in Plex there are never problems with ASS subtitles or any other type of subtitle, it plays all of them
On the other hand, Emby cannot do the same...

• Agree 1

On 5/1/2024 at 6:08 PM, baby555 said:

It is a solution that would take a lot of time and work when there are many series and many chapters...
As in Plex there are never problems with ASS subtitles or any other type of subtitle, it plays all of them
On the other hand, Emby cannot do the same...

@baby555but don't you want a personal media server and not one that puts your information into the cloud?

Let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

RanmaCanada

No problems here with any of my anime subtitles.  I strongly suggest you do as Luke has requested and attach information so the team can help you troubleshoot this.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2024 at 5:17 PM, Luke said:

@baby555but don't you want a personal media server and not one that puts your information into the cloud?

Let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Ok

I am uploading my server log

And the last ffmpeg record

embyserver (1).txt

ffmpeg-transcode-595853d3-1714-4d41-b806-e0e55f55e67f_1.txt

On 5/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, RanmaCanada said:

No hay problemas aquí con ninguno de mis subtítulos de anime. Le sugiero encarecidamente que haga lo que Luke le ha solicitado y adjunte información para que el equipo pueda ayudarlo a solucionar esto.

Doesn't even the ASS subtitles give you problems?
What subtitle format do you use?
And what devices?
As I mentioned, everything that is Android does play it
Samsung, LG and browsers do not play subtitles in my case
And I have tried several versions of Emby

Edited by baby555

11 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

No, I have no issues with .ass. This is in Magic and Muscles Episode 8 playing in Chrome..

image.thumb.png.550c04432e429abee7e65b38fe22ff6e.pngimage.thumb.png.053f7d3b768d18b5cb591e0ca4faa2cd.png

image.png.1bc6aa14be4a0e2199c96a3bac8001ea.pngimage.thumb.png.37b16b547cb86789e9ae03e280e3ba7e.pngimage.thumb.png.2c7de2d6c05ceeaf3cd497c43cae5e7e.png

In the Edge browser too?
Do they also play without problems on Samsung and LG TVs?

RanmaCanada

It would be exactly the same in Edge as it's built on Chrome (tested and it was indeed please don't tell me you want pictures). They should play without problems on Samsung and LG TV's. If the TV's do not support the .ass format, then Emby should take care of that, which is why your logs are so important. If you know what models of TV's you have, include them, and I'll attempt check their manuals for media playback support. It would also be helpful to know how powerful your server is, what are its specs (you can never give too much information in regards to this)? Are you doing hardware transcoding, or software? When the subs failed to play was it direct playing, which would go back to the TV models? Oh and as for "no problems with Plex" by default Plex burns in .ass subtitles even if the device supports it (exactly what Emby is doing to resolve your problem) and that causes a lot of problems on its own. So your TV models will be required at least for me to go a bit deeper on this for you.

baby555
On 5/11/2024 at 10:55 PM, RanmaCanada said:

It would be exactly the same in Edge as it's built on Chrome (tested and it was indeed please don't tell me you want pictures). They should play without problems on Samsung and LG TV's. If the TV's do not support the .ass format, then Emby should take care of that, which is why your logs are so important. If you know what models of TV's you have, include them, and I'll attempt check their manuals for media playback support. It would also be helpful to know how powerful your server is, what are its specs (you can never give too much information in regards to this)? Are you doing hardware transcoding, or software? When the subs failed to play was it direct playing, which would go back to the TV models? Oh and as for "no problems with Plex" by default Plex burns in .ass subtitles even if the device supports it (exactly what Emby is doing to resolve your problem) and that causes a lot of problems on its own. So your TV models will be required at least for me to go a bit deeper on this for you.

I understand
My server is an Intel i9-13900

Transcoding is by hardware

The reproduction is direct
Some TV models that do not reproduce subtitles
Are these

Samsung UN65AU8000GXPE

LG webOS UK7500PSA

Samsung 49MU6303

LG WebOs un6955zuf

LG 49UJ6200

Samsung UN55RU7300FXZA

And it also happens that the subtitles do not appear when playing on more Samsung and LG models.

Not even in Chrome and Edge browsers

hjbjbjh.PNG

Edited by baby555

RanmaCanada

Well I can state this with 100% certainty that your TV models have absolutely nothing to do with the subs not playing in web browsers on those TVs. But I'll still give you the information as if you were using either Samsung based app, or a WebOS app.

Samsung UN65AU8000GXPE supports .ass 100% natively

LG webOS UK7500PSA supports .ass 100% natively

Samsung 49MU6303 supports .ass 100% natively

LG WebOs un6955zuf does not have the manual available but as it's WebOS I am going to state it more than likely does 100% support .ass. You can check the embedded emanual.

LG 49UJ6200 also does not have the manual avaialble, but does have an embedded emanual on the device.

Samsung UN55RU7300FXZA same as the other samsungs, 100% supports .ass natively (my sister has this very TV and has no issues watching anime from my server)

So my question to you is, are you attempting to view these only with a web browser, in which case I feel this is 100% on your server not being configured correctly, or are you trying to play them on the embedded apps that are on the TVs? And lastly, you stated what hardware your server is on, but not what operating system, or if it's in a docker, or what. Sorry but the more information you bring forward, the easier it is for people to help you. You don't exactly seem to understand this as each time Luke has asked for information you've not exactly been helpful to help yourself.

baby555
1 hour ago, RanmaCanada said:

Well I can state this with 100% certainty that your TV models have absolutely nothing to do with the subs not playing in web browsers on those TVs. But I'll still give you the information as if you were using either Samsung based app, or a WebOS app.

Samsung UN65AU8000GXPE supports .ass 100% natively

LG webOS UK7500PSA supports .ass 100% natively

Samsung 49MU6303 supports .ass 100% natively

LG WebOs un6955zuf does not have the manual available but as it's WebOS I am going to state it more than likely does 100% support .ass. You can check the embedded emanual.

LG 49UJ6200 also does not have the manual avaialble, but does have an embedded emanual on the device.

Samsung UN55RU7300FXZA same as the other samsungs, 100% supports .ass natively (my sister has this very TV and has no issues watching anime from my server)

So my question to you is, are you attempting to view these only with a web browser, in which case I feel this is 100% on your server not being configured correctly, or are you trying to play them on the embedded apps that are on the TVs? And lastly, you stated what hardware your server is on, but not what operating system, or if it's in a docker, or what. Sorry but the more information you bring forward, the easier it is for people to help you. You don't exactly seem to understand this as each time Luke has asked for information you've not exactly been helpful to help yourself.

Hello
When I mention LG and Samsung TVs
I am referring to the native Emby applications that have
Not its web version
It would be very complicated and unnecessary to use the web version on a TV
I say that subtitles do not play on Samsung and LG TVs
And not in the Edge and Chrome browsers on the PC - laptop - smartphones

The operating system is Ubuntu 22.04

Emby is installed via docker, docker version is 24.0.2

And yes I responded to Luke with my server log file

RanmaCanada

Then this should probably be moved to the Docker/Linux section for starters as this is an issue with your server. I know for the longest time 13th gen stuff was broken AF with Docker. I do not know if they were resolved.