Limited NextPVR channels after donation

phulteen

phulteen

I donated to NextPVR as stated on Emby would allow access to all live TV channels. However, the place to substantiate this donation, in all the help I can find, does not exist. How can I get all NextPVR channels unlocked?

HI, did you try refreshing the guide data in Emby Server?

emveepee

On the NextPVR Setting web page there is a "Have you donated" button and you need to follow the prompts to let the server know you are a donator.

Martin

phulteen
7 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, did you try refreshing the guide data in Emby Server?

I did, but no joy, thanks.

2 hours ago, phulteen said:

I did, but no joy, thanks.

OK please see the post above. First step is getting nextpvr to recognize the status.

phulteen
17 hours ago, Luke said:

OK please see the post above. First step is getting nextpvr to recognize the status.

NextPVR has emailed with me a few times and they say Emby is the one imposing the channel limitation, that NextPVR is not doing it.I have a transaction ID

from NextPVR to verify my donation, but can find no place to enter it in Emby.

Just now, phulteen said:

NextPVR has emailed with me a few times and they say Emby is the one imposing the channel limitation, that NextPVR is not doing it.I have a transaction ID

You don't enter it into Emby. The Emby plugin for nextpvr gets the status automatically from NextPvr.

On the NextPVR Setting web page there is a "Have you donated" button and you need to follow the prompts to let the server know you are a donator.

Did you do this?

emveepee

There are no logs here and the logs would also indicate  if Emby is processing the donation status on session login.

Martin

sub3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, phulteen said:

The subsequent email (on the same day) told you that your needed to make sure the donation was registered in NextPVR, by clicking on the 'have you donated' button in the NextPVR web app, and entering your paypal transaction id or email address (both of which I supplied in the email). Once this is done, it should correctly list you as a donator. After that refreshing the channels in Emby should give you the complete list of channels. 

Edited by sub3

phulteen

Everyone is very helpful and I'm truly appreciative, but in my Emby web client that I configured this weekend, the place to enter that information does not exist, I have looked everywhere, and the settings for NextPVR say, "This plugin has no settings to configure." Unless it's in some nook or cranny I haven't found or others are using a different server or client, I think everyone may be thinking the same thing I did when I made the NextPVR donation, that the instructions were correct and I could just go where they said that option would be and enter the information. But that was the first, second and third through 50th thing I have tried. If someone has actually seen this option in the current Emby version, please let me know where you have actually currently seen it. Thanks!

arrbee99

Its not in Emby, its in NextPVR. You presumably have NextPVR set up if you're getting 5 channels - if not, thats what you need to do. Set up NextPVR and the plugin in Emby then allows Emby to talk to the NextPVR software to play stuff.

In a browser, going to http://localhost:8866/settings.html

should show something like -

NextPVRDonationpage(Medium).thumb.jpg.f8ed29e96d979f8eb837fec04c045a40.jpg

phulteen

Thanks, maybe I should paint the whole picture. NextPVR plugin is a separate instance from the Next PVR plugin in Emby, there is BO linkage between the two. I only went to NextPVR to make the donation, the plugin is not dependent on the standalone NextPVR.. NextPVR knows I made the donation, but Emby is imposing the channel limitation and they need the substantiation of my donation to remove it, but there is no place in the Emby app to provide it, despite what the instructions say to the contrary.

arrbee99

Oh well, I have no idea what a BO linkage is. As far as I know, which ain't much, like I say you need to have NextPVR server running somewhere, all set up, playing channels (which is where the donation bit is), then feed to Emby. But thats me having everything on the one Windows PC.

arrbee99

So, personally have no idea how you can have two NPVR plugins but no NPVR server.

Hi, what is BO linkage?

sub3
11 hours ago, phulteen said:

Thanks, maybe I should paint the whole picture. NextPVR plugin is a separate instance from the Next PVR plugin in Emby, there is BO linkage between the two. I only went to NextPVR to make the donation, the plugin is not dependent on the standalone NextPVR.. NextPVR knows I made the donation, but Emby is imposing the channel limitation and they need the substantiation of my donation to remove it, but there is no place in the Emby app to provide it, despite what the instructions say to the contrary.

Emby asks NextPVR if the user is a donator. There is no setting where you need to enter the donation in Emby.

After you've registered the donation on NextPVR's web app, you'll appear as a donator from Emby's perspective, and they'll be able to show you the full set of channels. 

phulteen
Posted (edited)

The NextPVR app where I made the donation and the Emby app where the NextPVR plugin is used and constrained by EMBY are completely separate, how does Emby make this determination? (They have not.) They have no way to link my donation from a separate app to their app. I don't see that they're making an inquiry of NextPVR as per my donation, if so, what criteria would they use to identify me as an Emby user being the same as a NextPVR user?

FYI, I have restarted the Emby server and refreshed guide data countless times.

I think the answer is that Emby is not able to fulfill this advertised feature.

Edited by phulteen

emveepee

The two servers are connected by http and one of the API calls determines the donation state.  If you post the Emby or NextPVR logs we can check the session.login call.   The NextPVR server doesn't really care if you are an Emby user.

phulteen
28 minutes ago, emveepee said:

The two servers are connected by http and one of the API calls determines the donation state.  If you post the Emby or NextPVR logs we can check the session.login call.   The NextPVR server doesn't really care if you are an Emby user.

What do they ask when they call, to identify me, there is no common linkage.

sub3
3 minutes ago, phulteen said:

What do they ask when they call, to identify me, there is no common linkage.

When Emby logs into NextPVR, it gets back a flag saying whether or not a donation has been registered on that NextPVR server. Emby then use that flag to determine what channels to give you.

As emveepee suggested, the logs would be able to tell us more. 

phulteen
Posted (edited)

I still am not convinced it is pinging my NetPVR server on my pc, I don't believe the plugin has such a dependency. Regardless, I have only 5 OTA channels of approximately 41 that I receive via antenna, so if it is doing "something", somehow to identify my, it is clearly not accomplishing the stated goal.

22 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

@phulteendo you have NextPVR server installed ?

Yes I do. Maybe I should just use that and forget Emby LOL

Edited by phulteen

arrbee99
1 minute ago, phulteen said:

I still am not convinced it is pinging my NetPVR server on my pc, I don't believe the plugin has such a dependency. Regardless, I have only 5 OTA channels of approximately 41 that I receive via antenna, so if it is doing "something", somehow to identify my, it is clearly not accomplishing the stated goal.

Yes I do. Maybe I should just use that and forget Emby LOL

And in the server it says 'Thank you for donating..' like in the picture I posted above ?