Custom Seasons (From Folders) in UI

jeepnheel
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jeepnheel

Hi, and thanks for the great program (and support) through the years!  I searched this for a while, but didn't see any recent (post-2019 update) hits.

I have a few TV shows that I would not like to use the TVDB Aired or DVD "Season" groupings -- example being Disney Animated Shorts (600 eps). 

I do have my files all named appropriately (Aired Order) through Filebot, and they are all recognized as expected in the UI. However, instead of the ~100 TVDB folders "Season 1921" to "Season 2023", I have all 600 files sitting in 15 folders I want them grouped by. Ideally, I am hoping the UI could show these 15 custom "Seasons" instead of forcing the TVDB Aired or DVD groupings.

In the past, I have had several TV shows where a non-Season XX folder was successfully displayed in the UI, but I believe this changed after the 'Improve series folder detection' update back in 2019? Is there any way to trick this into being possible without making a fake TV show where I would need to manual enter metadata for 600 episodes?

Thanks for any help.

pwhodges

Make 15 TV shows, using Absolute order numbering so that the files get the right metadata but stay in one "season" in each "show"; change the show names in the metadata; tell Emby not to merge shows in multiple folders; group the shows manually in a collection?

Paul

• Thanks 1

jeepnheel

Thanks very much for the replies -- I've been trying different things today, and for some reason it just worked like I wanted after one of the times removing/deleting nfo's and re-scanning.  I now have seasons that match the 15 folder names, and it even automatically picked up the poster jpg's I had set up in each.  I'm thrilled it worked, but not sure why?

The only difference I can think of was the first scan was automatic, the one that used my custom "seasons" was one that I manually started from home screen.  Should this (custom seasons) have been possible?  Either way, I think I'm good to go!

• Solution

Custom seasons are possible, yes, so you should have been fine from the get go.

The problem that you might run into this is internet metadata. You'll just need to make sure that things are either locked or turned off to ensure that it doesn't mess with it.

• Thanks 1