Shows Missing from Latest TV

Trevor68

Trevor68
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, Emby uses the Date Created timestamp, not Date Modified.

Nope, in this instance (3 episodes), it has perfectly taken the date modified, and used it for date added. 

The 4.8 Emby server is writing the NFO's. 

• 2 weeks later...

Please try adding a new episode and see what the date added value is after that.

Please note that some plugins intentionally mess with this value in order to try and influence how things are displayed.

Trevor68
Posted (edited)

This has never happened again because all of my files have identical modified and created dates. This series only had earlier modified dates than created. While that in itself is odd, I believe Emby will use that earlier date anytime this should happen again. 

I thought the team here would appreciate knowing this, so I posted. All of the answers I received serve more to display all that is wrong with this forum more than the software itself. 

Delete this thread at your leisure, this issue will be so rare for me that I care less it is happening. ( And it IS happening). 

Edited by Trevor68

Just now, Trevor68 said:

This has never happened again because all of my files have identical modified and created dates. This series only had earlier modified dates than created. While that in itself is odd, I believe Emby will use that earlier date anytime this should happen again. 

I thought the team here would appreciate knowing this, so I posted. All of the answers I received just to to display all that is wrong with this forum more than the software itself. 

Delete this thread at your leisure, this issue will be so rare for me that I care less it is happening. ( And it IS happening). 

OK, we don't have any code looking at the modified timestamp of a file. The best way to troubleshoot is to try and reproduce with a new file.

If you can't do that, that's OK, but we can only make guesses about what might have happened in the past. Maybe a defect in an older server version, problem in the dotnet runtime, problem caused by plugin, etc.

Trevor68

I don't know what to tell you, I didn't create the nfo's, Emby did. Just a coincidence that all 3 perfectly matched 3 different modified by dates I guess. 

On 10/05/2024 at 13:28, Luke said:

OK, we don't have any code looking at the modified timestamp of a file. The best way to troubleshoot is to try and reproduce with a new file.

If you can't do that, that's OK, but we can only make guesses about what might have happened in the past. Maybe a defect in an older server version, problem in the dotnet runtime, problem caused by plugin, etc.

And yep, absolutely repeatable, emby is using DATE MODIFIED as the DATE ADDED, every single time, despite what you say. 

Screenshot 2024-05-15 105805.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 105707.png