Keyword search only match from the beginning of the string?

ylatsj

ylatsj

For example I have a music named as "abcdefg.mp3". I am able to use Emby search engine to find this file if I search keyword "abc". BUT, if I search the keyword of "cde" I won't be able to find this file. This is such a strange design for a file search engine. 

I wonder if Emby could make it easier to match a keyword within the whole string? This is just an argument of database. I don't see any reasons why Emby can't do it. 

Hi, yes more search improvements like this are possible for future updates. Thanks.

visproduction

Of interest - approach to performance tuning with partial match.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54341717/performance-tuning-on-pattern-matching-query

I am concerned that a partial match with an extra index would slow down searches too much.  Also, when would such an index be refreshed?  What if a search request for partial matches pulls too much CPU use and causes other users media streams to suffer?  Emby server users will not be planning to have a separate server to handle complex searches.  I think matching search features to an online search engine is impractical and should not be done.