Firestick App Crashing When Accessing Live TV Guide

EmYaj

EmYaj
I just had a really weird issue come up - curious if others have had the same or similar or maybe how to troubleshoot. I have a "demo" account that has access to livetv and it's on an amazon firestick 4k that I let friends borrow if they want to give it a try. One of them has been using it and while they were messing around figuring it out it started freezing on them whenever they would try to pull up the guide it freezes and the emby app crashes after a few seconds. I logged in to the demo account on my own firestick 4k max and it does the exact same thing, app crashes when trying to pull up the guide. When i log out and back in to my own account it works fine and the demo account works fine accessing from the browser/web client.

I tried deleting the demo account and recreating it, and it had the same issue.

I do see the following error in the logs but not sure if related

2024-04-27 12:53:20.420 Warn Server: AUTH-ERROR: 24.XXX.XXX.XXX - Access token is invalid or expired.
2024-04-27 12:53:20.420 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2024-04-27 12:53:20.423 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 401 to host1. Time: 7ms. GET http://emby_remote_ip:8096/emby/Users/03a997f29XXX33c54ae9a7de/Items/9577?format=json

Edited by EmYaj

Hi there, please attach the complete Emby server log. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi.  If you search for the app "Emby" in the Amazon store and install that, does it have the same problem?

• Like 1

EmYaj

@ebrThanks for the response.  This it the version I'm using on both of the firesticks that have the issue.  One of them was freshly installed from a factory reset firestick 2 days before the issue came up so it should be the latest available version.  Is there any particular reason in the logs that you think I wouldn't be on the amazon store version of the app?

I could try uninstalling and reinstalling when I get home tonight I guess if you think that might be useful?

Just now, EmYaj said:

you think I wouldn't be on the amazon store version of the app?

Hi. There are two apps in the Amazon store now.  One is called just "Emby" (not "Emby for Fire TV").

EmYaj

Oh I see! I never noticed that. I will give it a shot thank you.

EmYaj
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. There are two apps in the Amazon store now.  One is called just "Emby" (not "Emby for Fire TV").

Had the wife this for me and she said the Emby app works fine.    She showed me a picture and it looks quite a bit different than the Emby for Fire TV app. Should I be avoiding Emby for Fire TV?

6 hours ago, EmYaj said:

Had the wife this for me and she said the Emby app works fine.    She showed me a picture and it looks quite a bit different than the Emby for Fire TV app. Should I be avoiding Emby for Fire TV?

We are working on unifying the two into one, so at some point Emby for Fire TV will become legacy.