Repeated Premature Termination of IPTV Recordings

tomadick

tomadick

I am experiencing repeated premature terminations of scheduled IPTV recordings on my Synology 1522+ using Emby. Here are some examples where the recordings did not complete as planned:

• TV total 2024_04_24_20_15_00 - Show, Comedyshow: Terminated after just 4 minutes.
  • Achtung Abzocke - Betrügern auf der Spur 2024_04_25_20_15_00 - Information, Documentary Series: Terminated after 41 minutes.
  • The Voice Kids 2024_04_26_20_15_00 - S12E6, Children, Talent Show: Terminated after 7 minutes.

This issue is not isolated but occurs consistently, which is quite frustrating. I've noticed that my IPTV connection sometimes becomes unstable. Could it be that Emby automatically stops recording when there are connection issues, instead of continuing until the scheduled end time? If so, I would appreciate a feature that allows recordings to complete regardless of connection stability. Please let me know if such a solution is possible. I have attached the embyserver.txt log file. Should you need more information, please feel free to contact me.

embyserver.zip

• Agree 1

tomadick

Hello, has anyone had time to look into the problem yet?

On 4/27/2024 at 8:20 AM, tomadick said:

I've noticed that my IPTV connection sometimes becomes unstable.

Hi.  That is very likely the problem.

We already attempt to re-start on failures but with IPTV this may or may not always be possible.

tomadick

Can it be that Emby stops recording when the connection to the stream is briefly interrupted, contrary to the information in the EPG?