Cannot log into LG TV Emby app

Bobby121418

Bobby121418

Hi,

For some reason my ongoing session got logged out and no matter which route I try, I cannot log back on to the app.

Upon an uninstall and reinstall to esure the latest clean version from LG App store, I have tried "Connect with Emby" connect. 

1. With exisiting user profile ( was working before) I cannot log in to the Emby.media/pin page as it does not accept my user and password. This user did not have email registered, which I tried to add to the profile via server gui, but it did not accept.

2. Created another user and password, which worked on the mentioned Emby.media/pin, which then moved to a page asking for host and port. After entering the data (not easy on. TV), the circle goes around and around and goes back to the initial screen where "connect with Emby Connect" button is. Also tried adding a server button, but the same result.

3. On windows machine through web browser I can log in with no issues.

I think the LG app got an update not long ago, so not sure if that is the issue or if it is somehing else.

Just also to add that the login process into Emby apps has never been straight forward and always very challenging with the different pieces if information it requires. Not easy, if it is a non tech and older person (not my case, but for other family memebers).

Thanks

@Bobby121418

1. With exisiting user profile ( was working before) I cannot log in to the Emby.media/pin page as it does not accept my user and password. This user did not have email registered, which I tried to add to the profile via server gui, but it did not accept.

Hi, you have to use email address for this process, not username. It is the email that was used to sign up for Emby Connect.

Are you possibly confusing the difference between Emby Connect and the local users on your server?

2. Created another user and password, which worked on the mentioned Emby.media/pin, which then moved to a page asking for host and port. After entering the data (not easy on. TV), the circle goes around and around and goes back to the initial screen where "connect with Emby Connect" button is. Also tried adding a server button, but the same result.

The reason why this didn't go straight into your user is most likely because you didn't link the Emby Connect user with your server:

Emby Connect

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

mkompany
16 hours ago, Luke said:

The reason why this didn't go straight into your user is most likely because you didn't link the Emby Connect user with your server:

Emby Connect

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thanks for link Luke. 

I did have the email linked to the Emby Connect user on server. So, on the TV when I click connect with Emby Connect, I get the pin number which I input into the Emby.media/pin and that is fine, but then the screen changes to the previous where it has the Add Server and connect with Emby Connect. So, that doesn't work.

When I try Add Server, after entering the Server Host name and port, it just starts turning. See attached picture. I have a reverse proxy with port 443, but that is ok and on Android devices it works.

On Android device ( not on home LAN) after entering the host and port the screen moves to ask for username, something that doesn't happen on the TV.

Thanks

20240427_112227.jpg

Hi, it sounds like the LG app just can’t reach your server. Where did the ssl certificate come from?

lg is very picky about certificates and there is no way for us to override this.

mkompany

Thanks Luke. You were correct, the reverse proxy host address was pointing to the wrong certificate so I fixed that. However, on the TV app, when you add the new server it still contines to circle. 

Upon switch off and switch on, the app now enters and I can the contents. So, something is still strange with the way the app behaves, but at least for me it now works.

Thanks

• Thanks 1