Scheduled Tasks

Jey2024

Jey2024

Hi,
Can someone explain a bit more about these two scheduled tasks?

Scan media library
Download subtitles

I'm planning to set a minimal interval here so that I will have updated content, but if I set this to every 15 minutes or so, will it cause server load or streaming issues? Assuming I have 1200 episodes across various series, every 15 minutes, will it scan the library and check for subtitles for already existing files, or will it intelligently ignore the existing files and subtitles and only look for new files/subtitles?

Thanks

Scan media library

Hi, does the help text underneath the title explain it? Hopefully it does, otherwise we've failed at that.

• Thanks 1

Download subtitles

This help text needs to be improved, but it does the automatic subtitle downloading if you have enabled it for your libraries.

Jey2024
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, does the help text underneath the title explain it? Hopefully it does, otherwise we've failed at that.

My apologies, yes, I overlooked that help text. Yes, the scan media folder option is clear now; it will look for new content only - which is great. However, the 'download subtitles' help text is not that clear. Can you elaborate on that?

Let's say I have 1200 episodes with subtitles. I'm adding 200 new episodes. What will happen during the subtitle task? Will it look for all 1400 episodes from the beginning or will it only check for the latest 200 and ignore my old episodes with subtitles?

Will it look for all 1400 episodes from the beginning or will it only check for the latest 200 and ignore my old episodes with subtitles?

Hi, hopefully the set of options under automatic subtitle downloading answers that for you, no?  There is one specifically related to this.

• Thanks 1