Simple path to playlists for content

cgreentx

cgreentx

I'm looking to build out a setup where the only content that shows up is in playlists. The back end wil be folders that are sync'd onto the media server by non-technical staff that are adding and removing content as needed. I'm looking for a way to easiliy build playlists for audio and video content that can transit over from various platforms (Windows and Mac) and handle the path issues. I'm not wanting to teach the content managers the complexities of editing playlist files directly. I don't see any way to build the playlists directly inside the Emby UI. Is there another path to get where I'm trying to go?

Hello cgreentx,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

I don't see any way to build the playlists directly inside the Emby UI.

Hi, where are you looking for it? Playlist creation is all over the user interface to be honest.

cgreentx
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, where are you looking for it? Playlist creation is all over the user interface to be honest.

Fair comment. I should have been clearer. I was looking for something more back end that would allow me to hide media browsing in the user interface, only showing playlists there. I definitely see how to do it in the front-end interface when media is browsable. I was hoping for a playlist builder of some sort in the admin UI or offline that could help with that. If not, the front-end works great I just won't be able to hide that for normal use.

Chris

• Thanks 1