Apple TV 1.8.8 (2) - My Contents Issue

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi @Luke@SamESI love that you finally solved the buttons on "My contents" section regarding text placing, colors, and even including the icon:

image.thumb.png.f943455c7660b4a8373a62fa1efcadf5.png

But can u please get it back to not be stucked in 2 lines on "My Contents (small)"  with infinite scrolling to the left to see the whole sections and put as it was before ?

image.thumb.png.1b3484c4c683ab1983a4eb9adc656d38.png

Having it fixed horizontally with 5 columns made more easy to navigate for users, like me that have a lot of different libraries, specially with a Remote.

Regarding why having different libraries, It's so common for non-english users to split by language, in my case, Spanish, Catalan and Original Version, this applied to Movies, TV shows, Anime, Documentaries, Theater, etc etc

Thanks 

Edited by DarkStar1977

HI, more options are certainly possible in future updates. Thanks.

DarkStar1977

@LukeI'm not asking for "more options" I'm asking to have the same interface as it was before and the same is used in other apps.

BROWSER:

image.thumb.png.446310c335b187c3910b995e415582ff.png

EMBY FOR MAC:

image.thumb.png.be0499987727d59960e84b644492b019.png

Considering in Apple TV you don't have the lateral menu to quick navigate from one library to another, and up to this version this was not locked to 2 rows, I believe that my request is logical, specially when using a remote that with the old behaviour I can reach to the latest library with just 6 clicks on the remote and now I need 14.

Thanks.

HI, that's an apples to oranges comparison because the web app is targeting desktop and mobile usage. If you want a better comparison, try putting the web app into TV display mode.

DarkStar1977
Posted (edited)

@Lukethe reason why I have and Apple TV and not using the Samsung Native application, is because the TV Display mode mades for users like me that has a lot of libraries to click to much times to reach the desired section.

Anyway, seems that the behaviour of Emby is to make thinks that were already working and users where happy with them more complicated for no reason (Specials, Upcoming/Missing Chapters, this one ...) It's my media but not my way.

Edited by DarkStar1977

More options are certainly possible. The problem when we make the sections really long vertically is that many users never realize that there's more content underneath, and then they come back and report that they can't find things.

• Agree 1

DarkStar1977

@Luke

For single line there's always the option of "My Contents" that by default is placed in a single line with big Icons and a lot of scroll to the right ... for those that their Emby Server Admin does not explain that they can go down ...

For me always the big difference between "My Contents" and "My Contents (small)" have been this, one for the people that wants to have big info on the screen and does not care to scroll in whatever direction and the other (small) for people wanting to have a compact view with less scrolling but, again it's your product, what can I say ?

MY CONTENTS:

image.thumb.png.42cbaa29ad160b12b68931acf713a65b.png

MY CONTENTS (SMALL)

image.thumb.png.7a1aab8e7c1b15dad1e8980e21d56a2b.png