Asks if Still Streaming?

andrewteg
Go to solution Solved by jaycedk,

andrewteg

I have a couple longer videos and will sometimes put them on in the background and have noticed that at about the 4 hour mark it asks if I'm still streaming.

Is that a setting that can be changed or turned off, as it only happens on these longer ones that are designed to be background videos I don't have to interact with.

Thanks!

• Solution
jaycedk

Try this setting, guess you mean web app.

Since you didn't specify.

image.png.c46990075c598b447863e7305ce1d59b.png

• Like 2

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, andrewteg said:

I have a couple longer videos and will sometimes put them on in the background and have noticed that at about the 4 hour mark it asks if I'm still streaming.

Is that a setting that can be changed or turned off, as it only happens on these longer ones that are designed to be background videos I don't have to interact with.

Thanks!

It is per device/client,  User icon-app setting-Playback-Enable 'Are You Still Watching?' prompt might be a little different per client,

andrewteg

Thanks. It happened most recently on a Roku but has happened on the web app as well so I'll check that out.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, andrewteg said:

Thanks. It happened most recently on a Roku but has happened on the web app as well so I'll check that out.

Yes there is an option in the Roku app setting named similar.

Exactly what does the message look like and say?  If it says "streaming" and not "watching" it could be coming from the device OS.  I think the Roku has a message like this itself.

Gilgamesh_48
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Exactly what does the message look like and say?  If it says "streaming" and not "watching" it could be coming from the device OS.  I think the Roku has a message like this itself.

Yes, Roku does have, or at least did have, such an option. I think it is under something called "Bandwidth saving" or some such. It is also one of the few "options" Roku has that they defaulted, at least on my Rokus, to off (or to the least intrusive setting). That means i never turned it off so I have no idea if turning it on gets reset from time to time. 

andrewteg

Thanks all. Good to know and think I got it all figured out between Roku and Emby settings!

• Thanks 1