Where to disable Side Scrolling?

brimack

brimack

Hi all, i apologize as i know this has been asked in the past, but i'm looking for a current answer as everything i could find googling leads to old threads from years ago that don't answer much.

I've been using Plex for years but decided to give Emby a shot on my 2nd computer. I installed it a couple of weeks ago, everything went pretty smooth, and initially all of the items in my libraries had a little icon to switch to grid or vertical mode right on top of the side scrolling row, but that button suddenly dissapeared in the last few days.

I have tens of thousands of files, and don't want to be side scrolling for days to find things.  An example, i did my music drives, i have everything sorted in folders by artst/album, so now when i click on a music artist under 'album artists' (which is my preferred view) i get that artists albums listed below their bio, but... they are side scrolling. Two weeks ago i had a little icon there above the scrolling albums which when clicked put all the albums into one screen which you could vertically scroll. This is important as most artists have enough albums that it's going to force you to side scroll. Many older artists like Neil Young or Bob Dylan have upwards of 100 albums, how do i get them to dispaly in grid view or revert to whatever version i had two weeks ago when it was working fine?

I've attached a pic showing what i'm talking about

example.jpg

Edited by brimack

Hello brimack,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

jiggity
27 minutes ago, brimack said:

Hi all, i apologize as i know this has been asked in the past, but i'm looking for a current answer as everything i could find googling leads to old threads from years ago that don't answer much.

I've been using Plex for years but decided to give Emby a shot on my 2nd computer. I installed it a couple of weeks ago, everything went pretty smooth, and initially all of the items in my libraries had a little icon to switch to grid or vertical mode right on top of the side scrolling row, but that button suddenly dissapeared in the last few days.

I have tens of thousands of files, and don't want to be side scrolling for days to find things.  An example, i did my music drives, i have everything sorted in folders by artst/album, so now when i click on a music artist under 'album artists' (which is my preferred view) i get that artists albums listed below their bio, but... they are side scrolling. Two weeks ago i had a little icon there above the scrolling albums which when clicked put all the albums into one screen which you could vertically scroll. This is important as most artists have enough albums that it's going to force you to side scroll. Many older artists like Neil Young or Bob Dylan have upwards of 100 albums, how do i get them to dispaly in grid view or revert to whatever version i had two weeks ago when it was working fine?

I've attached a pic showing what i'm talking about

example.jpg

Click the Albums header, just above the Cars LP, and that will open an new page with a scrolling display

brimack
9 minutes ago, jiggity said:

Click the Albums header, just above the Cars LP, and that will open an new page with a scrolling display

Ahhh brain fart! thanks Jiggity! i swear though there was an icon on the right to do that before. That said what about with movies and actors? if i click on a movie, then click on an actor, i get their bio page, but their films are listed as 'movies and shows' in the same right scrolling layout, but that isn't clickable, and same thing, a couple of weeks ago i did have an icon on the right of the screen above them which would open up all the film covers in full screen.

jiggity
3 minutes ago, brimack said:

Ahhh brain fart! thanks Jiggity! i swear though there was an icon on the right to do that before. That said what about with movies and actors? if i click on a movie, then click on an actor, i get their bio page, but their films are listed as 'movies and shows' in the same right scrolling layout, but that isn't clickable, and same thing, a couple of weeks ago i did have an icon on the right of the screen above them which would open up all the film covers in full screen.

Yeah some of the screens will have a "See All" sort of thing like you describe on actors pages

brimack
3 minutes ago, jiggity said:

Yeah some of the screens will have a "See All" sort of thing like you describe on actors pages

Yeah i had that on everything when i first installed a couple of weeks ago, now it's gone. Any time anything scrolled off the page i had that show all text, i'm scratching my head going through the settings of everything to see if it's something i disabled, or did the app change versions? It's gone now with movie files.

Hi, the > button does what the see all button did.

brimack
On 4/23/2024 at 2:11 PM, Luke said:

Hi, the > button does what the see all button did.

That's the strange thing though, it was there before but now it's gone, whenever i go into a folder with a lot of movies they are all side scrolling, there is no > at the corner of the screen, nor can i click the catagory name to get it in vertical view

22 hours ago, brimack said:

That's the strange thing though, it was there before but now it's gone, whenever i go into a folder with a lot of movies they are all side scrolling, there is no > at the corner of the screen, nor can i click the catagory name to get it in vertical view

Hi, what screen are you referring to exactly?