Error Message: "Unable to Start Emby Server on Ubuntu 20.04"

benjonson

benjonson

Hello Emby Community,

I'm encountering an issue while trying to start Emby Server on my Ubuntu 20.04 system and could really use some assistance.

Whenever I attempt to launch Emby Server using the usual command (sudo service emby-server start), I'm receiving the following error message:

Failed to start emby-server.service: Unit emby-server.service not found.

I've double-checked to ensure that Emby Server is installed correctly and that all dependencies are met, but I'm still unable to start the service.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Emby Server on Ubuntu 20.04? If so, could you please provide some guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this error?

I also check this : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/95451-ubuntu-2004-issues-with-emby-serverlooker  But I have not found any solution.

Thank you in advance!

alucryd

Not sure Ubuntu has aliases between service and systemctl, although the message seems to come from systemctl. Please try "sudo systemctl start emby-server" instead, then again the deb should auto-enable and start the service upon installation. Also please make sure you haven't masked the service previously, "sudo systemctl unmask emby-server" should revert the mask if it exists.