Episode Recordings

hoopsdavis

hoopsdavis

Hi, I understand Emby Premiere is a paid server that provides extras.  DVR is included with Emby Premiere.    For the past 4 or 5 months, TV show episode recordings doesn't seem to work as they should.   I'm unable to set shows as Record only New episodes doens't work.   When you're attempting to record shows that has been airing for years and reruns are running you tend to get many episodes that you're already seen.     When paying for anything service it should work fully and when there are issues they should be addressed.

With the trailers quality reduction with no evidence of being address and now the dvr episode issues.    Can you guys please address the issues and provide information as to when we can expect the service we're paying for the be working as it should.    I understand the service you guys provide is mostly free to the community and we appreciate it but, the paid service should increase in serve quality and supprt, not decrease.    Please address the issues and provide an ETA.

The issue when setting a show to "New Episodes Only", the recordings are disabled.

Is there anything I can provide to help with addressing the issue?

Edited by hoopsdavis

hoopsdavis
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example?

Thanks.

After doing more analysis, I believe the issue has to do with my guide data not specifying which episodes are new.   Maybe I need to go another route for my guide data.

Has anyone else experienced this TV show recording issue?

5 hours ago, hoopsdavis said:

After doing more analysis, I believe the issue has to do with my guide data not specifying which episodes are new.   Maybe I need to go another route for my guide data.

Has anyone else experienced this TV show recording issue?

You could set the series recording to record All Episodes rather than new only.

hoopsdavis
1 minute ago, Luke said:

You could set the series recording to record All Episodes rather than new only.

I'm not sure how that would help.   I only want to see the new episodes.   Setting it to record al episodes except the new is giving only what I've already seen.  

3 minutes ago, hoopsdavis said:

I'm not sure how that would help.   I only want to see the new episodes.   Setting it to record al episodes except the new is giving only what I've already seen.  

Well it would require manually cancelling the recordings for the unwanted ones, at least until you find a better guide data source.

hoopsdavis
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Well it would require manually cancelling the recordings for the unwanted ones, at least until you find a better guide data source.

I see what you're saying.   Yes, that's what I'm currently doing.   (I thought you were requesting I record everything but new episodes.    What does others use to get guide info?

1 minute ago, hoopsdavis said:

I see what you're saying.   Yes, that's what I'm currently doing.   (I thought you were requesting I record everything but new episodes.    What does others use to get guide info?

I know some use epg.best for xml, though I can't vouch for it.

hoopsdavis
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I know some use epg.best for xml, though I can't vouch for it.

Yes that's what I use and I believe that's the issue.   Lacking the details of what's new, what's a premier and what are reruns. 

If there's anyone using epg.best share your guide configuration how you make it work

Thanks

• Thanks 1

hoopsdavis
On 4/23/2024 at 5:20 PM, hoopsdavis said:

Yes that's what I use and I believe that's the issue.   Lacking the details of what's new, what's a premier and what are reruns. 

If there's anyone using epg.best share your guide configuration how you make it work

Thanks

Does anyone have the guide details ("New", HD, Live)    I don't have any of this in my guys and I'm not sure why.

EmbyGuide.png

d00zah

Access Settings in the guide, upper left corner, next to date  (3 bars). Check boxes for desired features.

hoopsdavis
Just now, d00zah said:

Access Settings in the guide, upper left corner, next to date  (3 bars). Check boxes for desired features.

Thanks, I've done that but no results.    I've been using Emby for a long time, I've experienced these options on but for the past few months I get notjhing in the guide, not event the color grid

hoopsdavis
1 minute ago, d00zah said:

What's your guide source?

EPG.Best

d00zah

That's where that info would come from. If it's not included in the guide source, Emby doesn't know to display it.

hoopsdavis
Just now, d00zah said:

That's where that info would come from. If it's not included in the guide source, Emby doesn't know to display it.

OK do you also use epg.best?    If not where do you get your guide data?

d00zah

I've chosen an Emby guide source & spent a long time manually mapping channels to a poorly supported stream source. Tedious, but it sure looks purdy when it's done. 🙂

hoopsdavis
Just now, d00zah said:

I've chosen an Emby guide source & spent a long time manually mapping channels to a poorly supported stream source. Tedious, but it sure looks purdy when it's done. 🙂

Thanks for your help on this, I'll continue working on it.    

hoopsdavis
6 minutes ago, hoopsdavis said:

Thanks for your help on this, I'll continue working on it.    

Looks like i"ll have to do it manually also.   My issue is I'm using IPTV and have US, Canada and UK channels.     
So I'll use my xml file for channels outside the use and just have to use multiple emby guides with different zip codes to cover East coast and West coast

EmbyGuide.png

d00zah

Just what I did in a similar situation. It's worth the time IMO, depending on how many channels one needs to map.

hoopsdavis
Just now, d00zah said:

Just what I did in a similar situation. It's worth the time IMO, depending on how many channels one needs to map.

I have a total of 102 channels.   I'm mostly concerned with my Local Broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW)  These are the channels I record shows from, but I have these channels in multiple regions.   Wash DC, Atlanta and San Diego.   So it shouldn't be too much of a hassle

hoopsdavis

I was able to get everything setup.   @d00zah   Thanks

EmbyGuide.png