4.8.4.0 broke playback and had to uninstall it and reinstall 4.8.3.0

rekit
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

rekit

As soon as 4.8.3.0 was reinstalled, everything worked perfectly fine.

I was getting an error when trying to play anything that said "Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available."

jaycedk

It would be great if you still have some logs, for devs.

It would help everyone else. 

tonywoolf

4.8.4.0 just broke mine playback too. No compatible streams are currently available.

No hardware acceleration available either. I have GeForce GTX 1050 on DVA3219.

embyserver.txt

Edited by tonywoolf

jaycedk

Thanks guys 😀

This will help the devs, finde the problem.

Happy2Play

Same as the previous topics.  Looks like a broke dependency on specific platforms.

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Dreakon13
37 minutes ago, rekit said:

I was getting an error when trying to play anything that said "Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available."

Could I ask how you reinstalled 4.8.3.0 on your Synology?

The package center won't let me downgrade and I'm afraid to uninstall/reinstall and potentially lose everything.

tonywoolf
4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

The package center won't let me downgrade and I'm afraid to uninstall/reinstall and potentially lose everything.

Uninstal 4.8.4.0 first.

rekit
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

uninstalling/reinstalling was super simple for me. just make sure the backup and restore plugin is configured just in case.

uninstall 4.8.4 and install 4.8.3 -- here it is for DSM 7.2+ https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.3.0/emby-server-synology72_4.8.3.0_x86_64.spk

if things don't fire up as usual after installing 4.8.3, your backup should sort it out but I didn't even need to do that

Edited by rekit

heffeque
46 minutes ago, rekit said:

In my case Synology is saying that I can't roll back 😭 (Synology72x86_64)

I'm currently faaaaar away from home, so I can't get a hold of a backup for a week 😭

Should have waited. Dumb of me to do a quick update know how Emby has bad builds every now and then...

Hopefully we get a quick fix sooner than later.

Edit: Wrote it while help was on the way... Great, will do that!

Edited by heffeque
Wrote it while help was on the way

rekit
1 minute ago, heffeque said:

In my case Synology is saying that I can't roll back 😭 (Synology72x86_64)

I'm currently faaaaar away from home, so I can't get a hold of a backup for a week 😭

Should have waited. Dumb of me to do a quick update know how Emby has bad builds every now and then...

Hopefully we get a quick fix sooner than later.

manual rollback is super simple, even remotely if you have access to your synology.

HI, we're looking into this. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, rekit said:

These are the logs after I reinstalled 4.8.3.0 so not sure if they're helpful. If earlier logs are needed, lmk

embyserver-63849125073.txt 86.39 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 94.66 kB · 2 downloads hardware_detection-63849125137.txt 263.14 kB · 0 downloads

@tonywoolf  @rekit I've reuploaded the release for Synology 7.2 x64. Can you try that and see if it resolves it? Thanks.

• Like 1

rekit
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

@tonywoolf  @rekit I've reuploaded the release for Synology 7.2 x64. Can you try that and see if it resolves it? Thanks.

yes playback is working now. I'll reply again if I see any other issues. thanks for the quick fix Luke!

• Thanks 1

HI, apologies for the disruption. Replacement builds are currently uploading so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

We'll also do a 4.8.5 this weekend to ensure everyone gets notified of the fix. Thanks.

kanito8aEmby

New upload also fixed the issue for me. That was a quick fix! Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Riezel

i was about to report it, since no HW acceleration detected
image.png.57d17480272f044c5b5a38724ab75541.png

good things i check this thread first, the new upload fixed this, as well the playback issue on web version, thanks!

• Thanks 1

tonywoolf
2 hours ago, ngmdat said:

What's happened to the quality of Emby's Dev. Team ... ?

I think it is fine, you don't have to introduce drama class in this thread.

• Agree 2

bubffm
On 4/19/2024 at 9:08 PM, Luke said:

HI, apologies for the disruption. Replacement builds are currently uploading so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

We'll also do a 4.8.5 this weekend to ensure everyone gets notified of the fix. Thanks.

Still having issues with super tiny cover thumbs being created instead if the 4k thumbs I got before...

jaycedk
10 minutes ago, bubffm said:

Still having issues with super tiny cover thumbs being created instead if the 4k thumbs I got before...

And that has anything to do with ops issue ?

• Agree 1

bubffm
28 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

And that has anything to do with ops issue ?

Yes, it is another issue introduced in 4.8.4.0,  so it certainly does 

• Disagree 1

GrimReaper
33 minutes ago, bubffm said:

Yes, it is another issue introduced in 4.8.4.0,  so it certainly does 

Create a new topic under respective forum section and describe your issue in detail, as it appears unrelated to broken playback/files not being probed, this ain't 4.8.4.0 general issues thread but very specific issue with certain platforms (Linux-based). 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 2

With this original issue solved, please create a new topic for other issues. Thanks.