New update 4.8.4.0 isn't adding video information on new files Scanned

Kyrunner

Kyrunner

Updated to 4.8.4.0 when adding a movie and after running Scan Media Libray and Scan Meta folder the movie will show up but won't give you any info for the movie Like Video audio or subtitles. 

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Kyrunner said:

Updated to 4.8.4.0 when adding a movie and after running Scan Media Libray and Scan Meta folder the movie will show up but won't give you any info for the movie Like Video audio or subtitles. 

Can you provide a specific example and server log.

Is this all media or just new media?

Kyrunner
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you provide a specific example and server log.

Is this all media or just new media?

New Media only  I’ll PM server log 

Happy2Play

Sound similar to this one.

• Agree 2

GrimReaper

Which platform? Just added a whole season of episodes, all files probed successfully, under Windows.

image.thumb.png.78decb74b6090bfd8813622b6ea4d7da.png

embyserver.txt

Kyrunner
Posted (edited)

I see a bunch of FFmpeg errors.   Never had this issue until I upgraded today.  I'm on Qnap

embyserver.txt

Edited by Kyrunner

Happy2Play
Just now, Kyrunner said:

I see a bunch of FFmpeg errors.   Never had this issue until I upgraded today.  

embyserver.txt 749.29 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like the same issue as Synology eventhough you are on QNAP so nothing is getting probed.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Have to wait on devs or the package builder.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Currently if it is a showstopper for your server you would have to disable auto update and rollback to 4.8.3.0 until they resolve the package issue.

Note all new media will most likely have to be manually refreshed on rollback or fixed package.

• Like 1

Hi. We’re looking into it. Thanks.

• Like 3

@KyrunnerI've reuploaded the qnap x64 release. Can you please try that and see if the issue is resolved? Thanks.

Kyrunner
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

@KyrunnerI've reuploaded the qnap x64 release. Can you please try that and see if the issue is resolved? Thanks.

All good!  Thanks for the quick fix. 

HI, apologies for the disruption. Replacement builds are currently uploading so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

We'll also do a 4.8.5 this weekend to ensure everyone gets notified of the fix. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Kyrunner
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, apologies for the disruption. Replacement builds are currently uploading so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

We'll also do a 4.8.5 this weekend to ensure everyone gets notified of the fix. Thanks.

So I need to go and download again? 

5 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

So I need to go and download again? 

HI, yes, please and thanks.

jochenhonig
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the quick fix!
It looks like the new icons have disappeared in this new 4.8.4.0, is that because you had to revert to the older version quickly and will they be part of 4.8.5?

Thanks!

Just now, jochenhonig said:

Thanks for the quick fix!
It looks like the new icons have disappeared in this new 4.8.4.0, is that because you had to revert to the older version quickly and will they be part of 4.8.5?

Thanks!

Hi, what new icons? Everything should look the same, so most likely you may have reinstalled 4.8.3.

jochenhonig
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, what new icons? Everything should look the same, so most likely you may have reinstalled 4.8.3.

If I am not going crazy, the non-working 4.8.4.0 looked like it had new icons across the UI, e.g. for "Mark Played", "Delete" etc.

The new, fixed 4.8.4.0 has the icons I know from 4.8.3.0 and I am pretty sure I am not imagining this.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, jochenhonig said:

If I am not going crazy, the non-working 4.8.4.0 looked like it had new icons across the UI, e.g. for "Mark Played", "Delete" etc.

The new, fixed 4.8.4.0 has the icons I know from 4.8.3.0 and I am pretty sure I am not imagining this.

May have to clear cache but yes the new icons appear to have been pushed in 4.8.4.0.

image.png.e98207567d2a9749472239ad0152048e.png

image.png.57e55508566683ee62c4e19b0fe5bdf2.png

4.8.4.0/4.9+

image.png.bd24620f926a6799ab6194ae4dbf7198.png

image.png.0d8ba21c992c13c7375669104166f25b.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

jochenhonig
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

May have to clear cache but yes the new icons appear to have been pushed in 4.8.4.0.

image.png.e98207567d2a9749472239ad0152048e.png

4.8.4.0/4.9+

image.png.bd24620f926a6799ab6194ae4dbf7198.png

It was indeed the site cache showing the old icons for me. Thanks for reminding me to always check that option first :)

• Thanks 1

polaris70

I experienced a similar issue on the Emby App for Synology NAS. Here's what happened on the movie GUI:

• Missing subtitles and audio
  • Playback errors (I forgot the exact error message) prompting to contact the administrator.

All my movies were functioning well with the old version 4.8.3.0 but stopped working with the new version 4.8.4.0. I tested the movies with the Infuse app, which worked fine, but not with Emby.

My solution? I upgraded to Beta 4.9.0.14, and now everything works smoothly.

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, polaris70 said:

My solution? I upgraded to Beta 4.9.0.14, and now everything works smoothly.

The issue has been resolved in rerelease 4.8.4.0 but now you are stuck on beta until it is release as there is a database change.

polaris70
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The issue has been resolved in rerelease 4.8.4.0 but now you are stuck on beta until it is release as there is a database change.

When had been resolved? it happened to me this morning US Eastern Time.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, polaris70 said:

When had been resolved? it happened to me this morning US Eastern Time.

little over and hour ago when dev republished qnap and synology.

polaris70
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

little over and hour ago when dev republished qnap and synology.

Too late for me. No way to bring back the stable version 4.8.4.0 right? if it not I stick with beta.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, polaris70 said:

Too late for me. No way to bring back the stable version 4.8.4.0 right? if it not I stick with beta.

Possibly if you have a backup as the plugin would have preserved your previous database.

Might be a little tricky as downgrading then restoring previous database should work.  But platform might be problematic.  If it were Windows I would just downgrade and copy db from backup and put in data folder overwriting existing db.