Every single time I try to log in with my CORRECT password is locks me

Subxeno

Subxeno

No matter what I set my password to, when I login it fails, then says I have 3 failed login attempts from Arizona(I don't live in Arizona nor do I use a VPN...Starlink issue maybe?) so I can't log in at all..

Hello Subxeno,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

Admin will probably need the affected account name as you are logged in with a different account now correct?

@Abobader

Subxeno
Posted (edited)

I should have specified sorry, when it asks me for my log in information at https://app.emby.media/ is when it does it. I'm currently logged in right now to the website. I'm trying to set up the server and everything still.

And another issue, even when I skip signing in to just connect to the server, it says unable to connect. I'm putting in the IP and Port that it says on my Dashboard.

Edited by Subxeno

Happy2Play

To me that sounds like you do not have user remote access configured.  As if you are logged in here it is not a username/password issue.

You are able to login locally correct?

29 minutes ago, Subxeno said:

I should have specified sorry, when it asks me for my log in information at https://app.emby.media/ is when it does it. I'm currently logged in right now to the website. I'm trying to set up the server and everything still.

And another issue, even when I skip signing in to just connect to the server, it says unable to connect. I'm putting in the IP and Port that it says on my Dashboard.

What is the exact message when it says unable to connect? Usually it win have a suggestion of what to do so please try again.

Happy2Play

And are you connecting to your server or someone elses?

Does a site like canyouseeme.org show Emby ports open?

Are you able to connect to your server via WANIP:port?

Subxeno
Posted (edited)

False alarm, it looked like it let me sign in, but when I try to connect to my server on my TV it says unable to connect.

Every single port I type into canyouseeme, literally any port including 8096 and 8920 says "Error could not see you" "Reason: Connection timed out"

I've went into my firewall settings and made sure to open both ports. I'm using Starlink which seems to potentially be an issue, you can't port forward with Starlink for example

In the app on my computer I can actually watch everything, but when I try to connect on my TV it says can't connect.

I was having a similar issue with Plex, so that's why I decided to try out Emby. Plex was not working for me a couple months ago when I had regular cable internet either though, so I'm not sure it's just a Starlink problem, though it just randomly stopped working out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

And it just occurred to me that maybe a week ago Plex was working here on Starlink....Then suddenly it stopped working again....I am seriously confused. I kept getting an error that said "Not available outside your network"...But I am literally 15 feet from my tv....at home...On the computer I set it up with..

Edited by Subxeno

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, Subxeno said:

But I am literally 15 feet from my tv....at home...On the computer I set it up with..

If the clients are on your LAN I would question using Connect at all.  Only client I have is Roku or computer and only uses LAN address when connecting all in Home devices.

But yes it sounds link a starlink network issue as you would have to do other things if you can't port forward as I would think they are a CGNAT.

1 hour ago, Subxeno said:

I'm trying to sign in at https://app.emby.media/#!/startup/manuallogin.html

It just says Invalid username or password. Please try again.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out...It wanted a different login ID and password from the actual server app itself

I meant the exact error when you click Skip Emby Connect and type in the server ip address. Thanks.

Subxeno

It simply says unable to connect and provides links to help articles. Most likely my issue is Starlink as Happy2Play mentioned it is CGNAT.

Just now, Subxeno said:

It simply says unable to connect and provides links to help articles. Most likely my issue is Starlink as Happy2Play mentioned it is CGNAT.

OK so if that's true then you'll need a VPN or TailScale for remote access.

Lessaj

Your TV is on your local network though isn't it? So you should be skipping emby connect and using the LAN address.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lessaj said:

Your TV is on your local network though isn't it? So you should be skipping emby connect and using the LAN address.

Exactly. If everything is on the local network then remote access isn't needed.

• Like 1

Subxeno
Posted (edited)

Regardless it's not working. I can't connect on Emby nor Plex, Emby just says cannot connect no matter how I try to do it, Plex says I can't connect because I'm "remote"...But I'm at home...

My TV is on Wifi and my computer is on Ethernet if that matters.

Edited by Subxeno

Do you know the local LAN ip address of your server machine? I would find that out.

Then do a new server connection in the Emby TV app by manually entering the server address. Please see if that helps.

Subxeno
Posted (edited)

Yes it's the Ipv4 address yes? When I put that into my TV, set the port to 8096, it says unable to connect. I've tried disabling my firewall completely as well to see if maybe that was it, it still doesn't work for me.

When I had Suddenlink at my old address I never had a single issue whatsoever using plex, when I moved about 2 hours away it worked for a week, then stopped working for 6-7 months...Then randomly started working again...When I moved again about 30 minutes away, it worked for about a week...Then randomly stopped working again.

Edited by Subxeno

OK so if this is all in your local network then port forwarding and router setup shouldn't matter so much.

What I would focus on is the server machine. Something is likely preventing the device from reaching the server machine, which usually means firewall on the server, e.g. windows firewall.

Happy2Play

Don't know TV app setup options but can't you bypass Connect altogether via Skip somewhere?  There is no need to even try to Connect login.

Subxeno
Posted (edited)

@Happy2PlayOmg...It was AVG's Advanced Firewall this whole time! I can't figure out how to create the Exception for it, it's not as simple as just choosing the program to allow, it wants the address and port and stuff. I'm just going to leave it off for now.

Thank you both for all of your help I greatly appreciate it. Idk why the avg firewall seemed to work fine with it then not randomly, but I'm just letting windows defender do its thing for now lol :D

Edited by Subxeno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GetaGrip
20 hours ago, Subxeno said:

@Happy2PlayOmg...It was AVG's Advanced Firewall this whole time! I can't figure out how to create the Exception for it, it's not as simple as just choosing the program to allow, it wants the address and port and stuff. I'm just going to leave it off for now.

Thank you both for all of your help I greatly appreciate it. Idk why the avg firewall seemed to work fine with it then not randomly, but I'm just letting windows defender do its thing for now lol :D

I did have the same problems in the past with firewalls and rules, exceptions and the bla, bla..bla errors and connection problems.

But until I found Tiny Firewall, free and light weight.... and simple to use! Just put in learning mode... and do your thing, when done... set it to normal. The only firewall who blocks and let you control everything! Hope it will helps you in the future to find a balance between security and connectivity....

https://tinywall.pados.hu/