Yikes... Setup help needed

Dangthatslong

Dangthatslong

Hi!

I just installed the server (com.emby.embyserver_4.8.3.0.apk) and client part on my Nvidia Shield Pro and I'm baffled how hard the setup is done... and yes, I read the 'Quick tutorial' how to start.

1. How to connect external HDD?

I tried, using the browser on local Emby server IP, to connect to my external harddisk which is connected to my Nvidia Shield. I can access the server but I can not find such option. The HDD is accessible via LAN and is shared on the Shield. Any suggestions how to access it through Emby are welcome!

EDIT: Using 'Add" - 'Network' the external HDD shows up but is not selectable. I can not open it and set the path to the existing movies.

image.png.b270c9f5679887a0607f2e37f9ba8666.png

2. Emby client setup

The client, which is installed on the same Shield, asks for an IP. I assume it is the local server IP on port 8096 which I filled in. This doesn't work. Error connecting to server. Somehow the server stopped. Why I had to sign up to use the client locally stays a mystery.

4. Library - Metadata Path?

I would like to use the external HDD for the meta data. As the disk doesn't shows up, I cant to this.

image.png.6f9609b9f6595ebfac2d37682f39ea28.png

I understand that getting this working is a one time effort and I really would appreciate a helping hand;

Edited by Dangthatslong

Hi, have you taken a look at this topic?

Why I had to sign up to use the client locally stays a mystery.

Hi, if by sign up you mean Emby Connect, this is purely an optional service and you don't have to use it unless you want to.

Dangthatslong

Hi Luke!

Thanks for your answer... but that won't answer my question. I will not root my Nvidia Shield (I doubt this is even possible and if it is, I for sure wouldn't know how to do it) and the last answer in your linked thread is 'we can add this'. Was it added and if it was, where do I find it?

It seems hard for Shield user to get away from Plex. Maybe Emby should embrace this market and try to emulate the same accessibility for this product.

HI, please try installing the latest version. It has the manifest changes mentioned in that topic. Thanks.