Missing actor images and bio

jglazer63

jglazer63

Now that I have Emby creating the .nfo files, the actor information is missing.  No actor images either.  How can I get this back?

Happy2Play

Sorry can you elaborate and possible post a server log as I am not seeing an issue with existing people images or metadata.

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, jglazer63 said:

See screenshot below.  Note, no actor images

Screenshot 2024-04-18 125831.png

Do you write nfo files with media?

What is your metadata provider order?

But looks like the bug Luke reported to TVDB and is awaiting an answer.

But can say I do not see this issue unless it only applies to something new.  But your example is old so I can only guess no nfo files and Emby got fresh metadata from provider and it does not exist do to api bug or change.

Per legacy xml metadata with media

image.thumb.png.0ef6b7dbcf1dcd41bed6a435cb278968.png

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

And do the people appear in the nfo file?  Since they appear to be new I will guess no.

Do the cast crew show up for the Show as Series level?  If so it is the bug/change Luke is waiting for a response on.

characters missing from /series/{id}/episodes/{season-type}/{lang} · Issue #326 · thetvdb/v4-api (github.com)

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Also is this only a episode issue?

jglazer63

Additionally, when I click the "links" entry for TheTVDB it is extremely slow and shows a limited cast list (none of the main players) and when I click on of the names it takes forever to get to the person.  Could the scraper be timing out?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, jglazer63 said:

Enclosed is the S01E01 .nfo file.  It appears, no, they are not in the file.  They do seem to show in the show.nfo file (also included)

All episodes of Boston Legal are this way.

Boston Legal - S01E01 - Head Cases.nfo 1.91 kB · 0 downloads tvshow.nfo 5.9 kB · 0 downloads

Yes testing this it is the open issue devs is waiting on TVDB to respond.  Until then there is nothing you can do at least from a Emby standpoint until they respond, or dev has to rewrite the plugin to utilize a different api method.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, jglazer63 said:

Could the scraper be timing out?

No as I reproduce the TVDB only provider no episode cast issue.  It is the open issue on GitHub linked above.

image.thumb.png.e750ca54c54cdcd737f2bd9a24cc83f1.png

jglazer63

I remove TheTVDB out of the equation and use TMDB exclusively now.  It all looks fine now.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 134502.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 134627.png

Happy2Play

Yes as every provider does something different with People so each will provide a different result.  As you truly do not get episode cast (guest stars) from other providers vs TVDB when it works.

jglazer63

I see that.  Hopefully this will be corrected soon

jglazer63

Well I am back to TheTVDB now as without it, Auto Organize cannot find the proper source meta data for some shows.