Finished TV Shows Repopulate back into the Continue Watching section

BMD28

BMD28

Hi, so it started a while back (about 3 months ago) with just a handful of finished tv shows and then as of this last weekend it is affecting every finished tv show. So, the issue is when I had finished a Tv series say last month or last year that series would repopulate in my continue watching section with a random episode from whatever TV series was already finished. And even when I go to mark that episode "watched" it goes away but then comes back a few seconds to minutes later. This is extremely frustrating because my watching history all wrong. This is happening on my Sony Bravia smart tv, Nvidia Shield and my Galaxy S22 Ultra.

I hope a fix can be implemented soon.

Emby version: 2.1.10g

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

BMD28
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

Example:  After having watched a TV show episode, a certain amount of time passes then it repopulates back into the continue watching section as if it was never watched in the first place.

Edited by BMD28

Can you please show us an exact example? Thanks.

BMD28

How will I "show" you? I've given you an example. It's not something that happens as I'm watching the home screen, I either exit out of the app and then open it again or just simply browse through the different content menus within the app and when I return to the home screen the episodes will be repopulated in the continue watching section. If you could please be specific of how you want me to "show" you an exact example. 

7 hours ago, BMD28 said:

And even when I go to mark that episode "watched" 

Hi.  Does that mean that, when you looked at it, it was marked unwatched?

If so, that is the reason.  Do you have any plugins (like Trakt) that might be messing with your watched states?

BMD28
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Does that mean that, when you looked at it, it was marked unwatched?

If so, that is the reason.  Do you have any plugins (like Trakt) that might be messing with your watched states?

Hi, From individual episodes to full seasons were being marked unwatched even though I had watched them and I have episodes that are marked watched that repopulate to continued watching section like in this screenshot.  Yes, I do have trakt plug-in, but the repopulating of old watched episodes was going on before the certain episodes and full seasons started marking themselves unwatched. If you think it might be the trakt plug-in that is causing old content to come back I will remove it.

17134542270782249246175269706092.jpg

Yes, most likely the Trakt plugin is reimporting data from Trakt.

BMD28
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, most likely the Trakt plugin is reimporting data from Trakt.

Will I need to clear the app data and start over again to remove the trakt plug-in or is there another way to remove it??

You should be able to just uninstall the Trakt plugin. Doing that alone won't change anything for existing episodes, so it will just be a matter of waiting to see if it happens again after that.