Lots of pausing and stoping both ATV and latest android

80srule

80srule
Posted (edited)

It worked for a day. Then today I started seeing allot of the same pausing and starting again. 
I did look and just saw that there was a newer ffmepg out so I updated and will see if that helps. embyserver-63849167184.txtembyserver-16.txt

IN this log file since the ffmpeg update I get this 

FFDetect: not found

Edited by 80srule

80srule
Posted (edited)

I have had emby for a few years now and this is the first time I have seen this issue with pausing every 30 seconds. I dont know what's causing it but it's very annoying.
I updated the ffmpeg but yet empty still sees the 6.1.1 copyright last year not the ffmpeg version N-114897-gbba996d6cd Copyright (c) 2000-2024

Edited by 80srule

2 hours ago, 80srule said:

FFDetect: not found

This will be normal for you since ffdetect is part of our custom ffmpeg build.

80srule
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

This will be normal for you since ffdetect is part of our custom ffmpeg build.

How do I get that? I updated to ffmpeg version N-114897-gbba996d6cd Copyright (c) 2000-2024 yet emby still registered 6.1.1 copyright 2023. 

80srule

embyserver.txtMy guy Cooper01 is his username. He is having lots of pausing and starting. I updated the player I said. I am not seeing it myself. Yesterday the same show he watched worked ok for me. But earlier in the night I had issues. 

Happy2Play

Hard to say, how many users streaming at the same time?  Possible saturation of network as this is a seed box?

ISP traffic shaping during peak hours?  Item bitrates?

EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

Looks like Cooper01 is direct playing item suggesting network issue between point A and B.

http://emby_remote_ip:26936/emby/videos/6106117/original.mkv

But do not know media info of file being played.

80srule
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Hard to say, how many users streaming at the same time?  Possible saturation of network as this is a seed box?

ISP traffic shaping during peak hours?  Item bitrates?

EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

Looks like Cooper01 is direct playing item suggesting network issue between point A and B.

http://emby_remote_ip:26936/emby/videos/6106117/original.mkv

But do not know media info of file being played.

Same seed box I have had for years and never an issue till just recently. So weird. 

80srule

The thing is with emby that's so odd. I will have issues then with no changes it clears up for months then out of the blue I'll have issues. 
But this is a whole new one the whole pausing every 15 seconds or so. I will try to open the app and get timeout errors. 
I had only a few people streaming when the above happened. I have had more on and no issue. Maybe I should see if the seedbox has an answer.

80srule

I just sent a Log file from my app. The server is running I am looking at it on the dashboard but the app keeps saying it cant connect. 
username same as this

10 hours ago, 80srule said:

I just sent a Log file from my app. The server is running I am looking at it on the dashboard but the app keeps saying it cant connect. 
username same as this

It is timing out.  BTW how many libraries do you have?  It looks like 30-40, is that correct...?

80srule

oh no there is 1 library but I guess if you count each section its 13 total. 
That has not changed always had the same amount. 
This is what baffles me. I use dropbox for storage unless they are slowing things down but not aware. 

1 hour ago, 80srule said:

oh no there is 1 library but I guess if you count each section its 13 total. 
That has not changed always had the same amount. 
This is what baffles me. I use dropbox for storage unless they are slowing things down but not aware. 

Can you check your home screen settings?  Perhaps you have multiple sections set to "Latest Media"?  I counted no less than 30 queries to get latest media in your log.

80srule
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you check your home screen settings?  Perhaps you have multiple sections set to "Latest Media"?  I counted no less than 30 queries to get latest media in your log.

image.thumb.png.3910313d876494cb16cd483e998ad800.pngthis is what I have. 

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, 80srule said:

image.thumb.png.3910313d876494cb16cd483e998ad800.pngthis is what I have. 

As ebr suggested you have sections 4, 5, 6, 7 the same.  Change 5-7 to none as your are just duplicating view/rows.

But this is a per user setting.

80srule

Ok I changed it for me. I have no idea how others have it. I don’t ask unless I set it ip. 

Happy2Play
22 hours ago, 80srule said:

Ok I changed it for me. I have no idea how others have it.

You are the Admin, go to each user and select "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences." then Home Screen.

image.png.5b08728fd66c45e459f9b1531cf47474.png

• Thanks 1

80srule

It has been better then tonight its crashed twice. 
Part of the slowness was the seedbed. They were having load balancing issues and they said its fixed. 
So I had that working. Changed everyone's settings as above. 
I dont know which of these you might need it crashed. Came back up crashed less then an hour later and took several attempts to come back online.  

embyserver-63849690476.txt embyserver-63849695936.txt embyserver-63849697655.txt embyserver.txt

80srule

what causes emby to seem to load but your next up and continue watching dont ever load? Everything else seems to load up

Not the slowness. At least usually. It seems if it's scanning it hogs all resources. 
But still sometimes it loads everything but the next up and continue watching. Or those come eventually but it takes ages. 
Im known 4.9.0.16 so not sure if that changed anything. 

Crashing seems to happen I am guessing because of the scanning as it doesnt do it otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Crashed again tonight. Then took several reboots before the next up and continued watching would come up. I am guessing it’s not fully booting not sure. 

Not sure if any of these help. 

embyserver-63850214326.txt embyserver-63850214402.txt embyserver-63850214678.txt embyserver-63850214210.txt

Edited by 80srule