Weird Bug (GrapheneOS)

JoBagOfDonuts

JoBagOfDonuts

I doubt this will be fixed, but I will explain my issue. If all else fails I can just use Stock OS.

I tested Stock OS and CalyxOS for my Pixel 8 Pro and emby works flawlessly for tv shows.

Now this is where the weird stuff happens when watching on GrapheneOS. When watching a tv show it will just randomly skip episodes, sometimes even in the middle of watching one. And not only that it will skip multiple episodes and then land on another episode and play.

Example: Playing Big Bang Theory S07E02 till the end then click "Next Episode" Then S07E03 plays fine till midway through and skips episodes automatically.

From what I've seen and tested (This may or may not be right): I see that GrapheneOS implements it's own webview called Vanadium Webview. This could be related to the issue I am having.

Also I have tested Emby (Google Play) + Google Play Services and Emby (APK from website) + Without Google Play Services

Hi, it could be that there’s some kind of error playing a file and so it advances to the next one in the queue.

JoBagOfDonuts
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it could be that there’s some kind of error playing a file and so it advances to the next one in the queue.

@LukeWould there be any way to circumvent that? Like a setting to ignore the error and keep playing the episode? If not that is ok, I just like GrapheneOS for security reasons. Hoping there is a fix for this.

Edited by JoBagOfDonuts
Changes in wording

JoBagOfDonuts

@LukeAlso just curious why not display an error to the user instead of skipping the video?

On 4/14/2024 at 5:24 PM, JoBagOfDonuts said:

@LukeAlso just curious why not display an error to the user instead of skipping the video?

I was just speculating of what might be happening. We do display an error before skipping to the next video in the play queue.

Can you temporarily enable app logging and get a log from the app?

Hi, these are system logs. Can you please also attach the emby android app log? Thanks.

JoBagOfDonuts
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, these are system logs. Can you please also attach the emby android app log? Thanks.

I will, I apologize for sending you to the wrong ones. I will do it sometime tomorrow or monday.

JoBagOfDonuts
Posted (edited)

@LukeWhat kind of log do I look out for in Android? I think I know what to do so I will update this post whenever I have the logs ready.

Edited by JoBagOfDonuts