Problems with Playback while recording.

Gibber

Gibber

Hi,

I am running a current Windows 10 Emby server and if I try to playback a recording of an OTA channel (via HDHR) while it is still being recorded, playback is fine until I try to jump backwards. When I do that the program will usually jump back to the beginning of the recording rather than just 10 seconds. Pause and resume works fine. Jump forward will also cause the playback to jump back to the beginning. Once the recording has completed all playback controls work normally.

Closed Captions are off. Stats says stream, video and audio are all direct play mode. Emby server log is attached. There were no ffmpeg logs created.

I checked the system performance during the problem and there does not appear to be any CPU or Disk capacity problems.

I tried the same thing on my iPad client and the result was the same.

embyserver.txt

Gibber

I forgot to mention that the original instance above was on the LG TV app (version 1.0.42).

I also noticed that if I playback through a Firefox browser while recording, the skip controls work fine.

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

Gibber

I did a couple more tests. Oddly the iPad is now able to skip forward and back just fine. Stats say it is using direct play. It may have been a WiFi issue before. Emby Theater also works fine and is also direct play.

So the only app not currently capable of skip is the LG TV app.

On 4/14/2024 at 4:52 PM, Gibber said:

I did a couple more tests. Oddly the iPad is now able to skip forward and back just fine. Stats say it is using direct play. It may have been a WiFi issue before. Emby Theater also works fine and is also direct play.

So the only app not currently capable of skip is the LG TV app.

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.