Emby Making Double Folders!

Nitro_Zeus

Nitro_Zeus

Hi All, 

Not sure if there is already a solution to this topic, but I have set up a fresh Ubuntu media server and when I list movies as folders emby creates subfolders. I have never seen this before! 

If I list movies as Movies it all looks correct. But I always look at the folder view. Is this something I can modify in Library settings, if so where?

I used 47 Ronin as an example, but this is happening to all movies! you can see a small white folder icon on all the movies!

Last part of the video you can see the movie directory 

Screenshot.pdf

Edited by Nitro_Zeus
nedded to edit something

Happy2Play

Yes this is expected behavior from folder view and since library configs changed to database only it can only be changed via Emby API or directly in the database.

<CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders> needs changed to true.

There are several topics on this.

Hi, it makes the folder view more accurate, right? 

What's going to happen that will help remove the double click layer is we'll add the ability to auto enter single items within folders.

Nitro_Zeus
Posted (edited)

@Happy2PlayExpected behaviour !?!? I've been using Emby for over 4 years on 3 different setups Windows/Linux and I have never seen this double-click structure setup before. The folder view is supposed to look at the movie structure from the hard drive see attached picture. In my opinion.

Did we have an update that changed this? and made an extra step to access a movie? from the GUI 

How do I do this?: <CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders> needs changed to true.

2024-03-30_16-01-36.jpg

Edited by Nitro_Zeus

The folder view is supposed to look at the movie structure from the hard drive see attached picture. In my opinion.

Hi, but the folder structure hast hat extra step, doesn't it?

Happy2Play
On 3/30/2024 at 7:55 AM, Nitro_Zeus said:

How do I do this?: <CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders> needs changed to true.

Directly in the Database or via the API.  Basic/Similar instructions are here as you will have to get the current info from the api to post new info.

But per your image Emby is doing the same thing now.  

Movies (library)

• 47 Ronin 1080P (2013) - (Folder)
    • 47 Ronin 1080P (2013) - (Item)
  • Thanks 1

Nitro_Zeus

But the folder structure i showed, its the same structure I always had. But I can see what you mean. I'm just not happy with the new update for Emby, that I have to click twice. When the view is set to "Movies" it looks as it should, but in folders, it creates an extra step.

The link you sent looks a bit to technically, I have never tried that before 😮

HI, fear not.

What's going to happen that will help remove the double click layer is we'll add the ability to auto enter single items within folders.

Nitro_Zeus

When do you think this will be implemented :)

Happy2Play

Honestly don't believe change will please everyone as users are complaining about CollapseSingleItemFolders collapsing and others want it.

Sound like this needs to be an exposed UI library option.

Nitro_Zeus

Like u said there should be an option in Emby UI to change this, I saw the post u linked, and I can see the preference from the user. From my perspective, it looks messy, but we just have different mindsets :)

@LukeCan I wish for a change in the UI so it will be a disable/enable-feature :)

Happy2Play

So folder layer will always be there but if only one item exists in folder ie a movie it will just jump to item instead of presenting item to click on.

Nitro_Zeus
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

So folder layer will always be there but if only one item exists in folder ie a movie it will just jump to item instead of presenting item to click on.

That would be the solution yes, just like it was before updating Emby :)