Strange issue with projectivity launcher on shield with emby images

NorthDegree

NorthDegree

On the projectivity launcher Home Screen, emby shows blank thumbnails for watch next.  Not necessarily a emby issue but maybe emby techs can help figure this out because it effects those using projectivity launcher on shield and may deter them from using emby.  

This link explains and shows the issue :

Hi, is that the Emby app running on it?

NorthDegree

tx for the reply Luke,  yes with Emby running the thumbnails appear as per that reddit thread.

I tested other apps (prime, Plex, Disney etc...) on the projectivity launcher and they all work fine.  I also test on a CCwGTV with projectivity launcher and Emby was the only app that is having issues with thumbnail images  on the launchers watch next home screen

thomasboll

Having the same issue. Haven't found a solution anywhere. 

Edited by thomasboll

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• Like 2

NorthDegree
On 02/04/2024 at 02:21, Luke said:

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

Hello again Luke, as thomasboll pointed out above , I looked into this solution but found this a bit much for my capabilities so will hold out on possible fix from your end if possible to access "localhost" like Plex does for image thumbnails.  

12 hours ago, NorthDegree said:

Hello again Luke, as thomasboll pointed out above , I looked into this solution but found this a bit much for my capabilities so will hold out on possible fix from your end if possible to access "localhost" like Plex does for image thumbnails.  

Hi, the issue as we've mentioned in that topic is that Google is currently limiting access to this to their partners.

xlerate
On 4/9/2024 at 12:01 AM, Luke said:

Hi, the issue as we've mentioned in that topic is that Google is currently limiting access to this to their partners.

Is the reason that Plex thumbnails show because Plex is a partner and Emby is not? 

If so, is Emby going to become a Google partner? 

NorthDegree

There was an update to the launcher today and the thumbnails now are displaying correctly

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NorthDegree said:

There was an update to the launcher today and the thumbnails now are displaying correctly

That's great news. Thanks for following up.