How do I give Emby permissions to set wake timers?

sward

sward

Hello - I need to give Emby permissions to set wake timers, as I missed a recording last night due to my computer being asleep. Currently I can see in my logs that Emby tries to set wake timers, but doesn't have permission. Thanks!

Hi, it has more to do with the windows user that is running emby server, and usually out of the box there's nothing you need to do.

sward

That's what I thought, but I'm running Emby server from the admin account, so what else do I need to do?

On 3/21/2024 at 5:38 AM, sward said:

That's what I thought, but I'm running Emby server from the admin account, so what else do I need to do?

Can you try using "run as" to run as admin, and see if that makes a difference?

sward

I have it set to "run server at startup" from the admin account, and in checking the task manager, it's already running under the admin account:

image.thumb.png.f8b086ae84d0e3348e59e622dc57275a.png

Try shutting it down and then trying what I asked because that will have it run elevated which is different.

sward

OK, I checked the box to "run as administrator" so we'll see what happens. I noticed that I now have to manually launch it b/c there's a UAC prompt to allow "this app to make changes to your computer."

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

sward

Luke - it seems to be creating wake timers now, and I can see them in Task Scheduler. While in there I noticed some upcoming timers that were created for recordings I had already canceled. Seems if you cancel a recording, Emby doesn't go into Task Scheduler to remove the wake timer.

• Thanks 1

Seems if you cancel a recording, Emby doesn't go into Task Scheduler to remove the wake timer.

Correct. At this time, we don't do that.