Scheduled live tv recordings randomly fail

vdrover

vdrover

Usually my schedule recordings work just fine. But sometimes the simply don't start. I've checked the logs, and there is a common "Error probing live tv stream" error reported for the shows that are scheduled but fail to record. 

Notably, not even 1 second of the show is recorded as the folder containing the file has no .TS file (though usually the NFO and poster are present).

error-log-1.txterror-log-2.txtTwo examples from 2 different channels are attached.

HI, it looks like it's just not getting data from the tuner. I would try rebooting both the server machine and HDHR tuner and see if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
vdrover

Rebooting did not help. I still have this problem. I use threadfin. I am removing this to to see if it might be part of the problem.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Peter Nent

I've had simular issues, but after updating this morning to EMBY v4.8.4.0, with 'fix duplicate live tv views', it seems to have solved my problems.

For some months already, in my live-TV EPG, several TV channels had double entries, chosing a certian channel or program, gave me the impression that there were 2 entries, and I thus maybe didn't always choose the correct one and thus the recording failed: maybe Luke or somebody else can eleborate more details about this issue ?

I hope, this helps you solving your no-recordings ?

Thnx & best regards, Peter

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peter Nent said:

I've had simular issues, but after updating this morning to EMBY v4.8.4.0, with 'fix duplicate live tv views', it seems to have solved my problems.

For some months already, in my live-TV EPG, several TV channels had double entries, chosing a certian channel or program, gave me the impression that there were 2 entries, and I thus maybe didn't always choose the correct one and thus the recording failed: maybe Luke or somebody else can eleborate more details about this issue ?

I hope, this helps you solving your no-recordings ?

Thnx & best regards, Peter

It won't have any impact on recordings, just FYI.