If a music video folder only has 1 video, it doesn't show in Folders

Xorp

Xorp

I believe this is a new 4.8 bug. I noticed that if a music video folder only 1 video in there, it displays as a individual file in the music videos Folders view. Have has zero issues with music video folder for years and years so must be a new bug. I deleted and recreated the music videos library, but got the exact same results.

For example:

Artist folder with multiple videos, shows as a folder in Music video folders:

image.png.31a24eebf87557cb3dee4be51deebf9f.png
image.png.c823c4a4b7ecf32d4183b2dd8f3ae161.png

issue: artist with 1 video in their respective folder:
image.png.0e1eafddf93113c61ad8ed795a60445b.png

shows the individual file instead at the end of the Folders view list, no John Mayer folder in that view there as there was pre-4.8
image.png.083cc5ec55cb7af342e135ce93aeae75.png

.nfo metadata for file has artist correctly set, along with file details display, but no John Mayer folder in folder view: image.png.c21f7e57229de655e89fb071339986ae.png
image.thumb.png.8aa7dc407fc0dbbaa8825524457ae983.png

image.png.22b0df61911211dba881c3c40a6f0e05.png

there absolutely was a John Mayer Folder in Folders view pre recent updates

Happy2Play

@XorpYes there are several topics on this as this is how Emby's <CollapseSingleItemFolders> works.

Not sure if flags were reset as these library options.xml configs have been relocated to database only and can only be changed in the database or api.

But there are/were two flags, one in system.xml and the other per library options.xml.

Xorp

Well this is quite irritating, I get to spend my Saturday afternoon redoing my music videos library after working flawlessly for years

Happy2Play

@Lukewere flags reset when all setting moved to database, as nothing has changed here in years.

New install 4.8 

system.xml <CollapseVideoFolders>false</CollapseVideoFolders>

library options per api "CollapseSingleItemFolders": false, (newly created library)

Xorp

It also some sometimes considers completely separate video files as alternate videos of one of the files. I have many folders with Band Name - Concert.mkv but randomly some get consolidated into 1 video with multiple versions:

image.thumb.png.505575b0735045f3568a6c846fea1bc1.png

image.png.3f783bccb100196d8f45eaf14d419221.png

I tried the "Split Versions Apart" option but then it listed all the individual files outside of the folder again

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Xorp said:

It also some sometimes considers completely separate video files as alternate videos of one of the files. I have many folders with Band Name - Concert.mkv but randomly some get consolidated into 1 video with multiple versions:

image.thumb.png.505575b0735045f3568a6c846fea1bc1.png

image.png.3f783bccb100196d8f45eaf14d419221.png

I tried the "Split Versions Apart" option but then it listed all the individual files outside of the folder again

Yes as that is the automatic version grouping naming scheme.  Should have been this way since 4.6 as I do not believe this is restricted by content type.  But dev would have to confirm.

Xorp

I was able to fix it by removing the parentheses around the year for all files in a artist folder

Roger Waters - The Wall 2014.mkv instead of Roger Waters - The Wall (2014).mkv stop detecting multiple version of 1 of the files

Edited by Xorp

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Xorp said:

I was able to fix it by removing the parentheses around the year for all files in a artist folder

Roger Waters - The Wall 2014.mkv instead of Roger Waters - The Wall (2014).mkv stop detecting multiple version of 1 of the files

shouldn't matter but since you manually split them, they should never remerge together unless removed from library and readded.

per the naming rules here.

Movie Naming | Emby Documentation

Xorp

It does seem to work after deleting after the nfo, removing the parentheses around the year, and rescanning

image.thumb.png.7a8335e75dd0ac4cc52cc2b5b1df5c50.png

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

@Lukewere flags reset when all setting moved to database, as nothing has changed here in years.

New install 4.8 

system.xml <CollapseVideoFolders>false</CollapseVideoFolders>

library options per api "CollapseSingleItemFolders": false, (newly created library)

No, it should only matter for new libraries.

So yes, this behavior is changed in order to make the folder view more accurate.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Xorp said:

I deleted and recreated the music videos library, but got the exact same results.

can you show your system.xml setting for CollapseVideoFolders?

But these flags will force a library rebuild.

Xorp
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

can you show your system.xml setting for CollapseVideoFolders?

But these flags will force a library rebuild.

It's set to true. <CollapseVideoFolders>true</CollapseVideoFolders>

I'm putting a placeholder files so all folders have at least 2 files to fix it for myself. If it's own folder with it's own poster.jpg, it should be shown as a folder, I don't follow the logic of making folder view more accurate

It sounds like setting it to false is what you want, and that is the new behavior going forward for new libraries. Just be aware that if you do that now it will be a destructive change that will cause everything to be rescanned as if it were brand new.

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, Xorp said:

It's set to true. <CollapseVideoFolders>true</CollapseVideoFolders>

I'm putting a placeholder files so all folders have at least 2 files to fix it for myself. If it's own folder with it's own poster.jpg, it should be shown as a folder, I don't follow the logic of making folder view more accurate

So the system.xml is now god and library option is ignore.  Only way to check your library option is per the api now if you want to check /Library/VirtualFolders/Query endpoint.

But all new libraries show false for me and you said you deleted and rebuilt so should be good.

Change that to false restart your server do library scan.

But this will force libraries to rebuild according to their CollapseSingleItemFolders flag .