embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

rhodges
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

The easiest way for installation is via Emby's Kodi beta repository.

Yup, sorry, it was the dependencies that had me confused. I figured it out, got it installed and I'm back in business. Thanks for the hard work maintaining this addon!

• Like 1

supermood
On 2/15/2024 at 4:39 AM, quickmic said:

Initial version doesn't force a factory reset, but it's highly recommended!

hi sorry but I'm not so experienced. I managed to flash coreelec with kodi on a ugoos amb6plus to have best dv quality, but I'm of course not getting warm with kodi. I want my emby.

how do I have to understand that factory reset? you don't mean back to the android I guess. but getting back to the coreelec on my SD card would mean the emby add on is also gone...? 

thanks!! 

supermood
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 7:29 PM, quickmic said:

The easiest way for installation is via Emby's Kodi beta repository.

in the repo I can download version 10.0.1 but I want version 10.0.18, at least I think I want the latest beta? 

thanks!!! 

sorry saw it. the other 2 are 0.1 the main video is the 0. 18.

Edited by supermood
my bad
  • Like 1

Noustaa

Hello, i have tried both 9.4.21 and 10.0.20, with both version sync is very fast for Person then Movies then TV Shows then Seasons but then for Episodes it is so slow ! 
Did anyone faced this issue ? 

Or maybe is it normal i don't know ? 

With old versions like 2 years ago, i remember all items were syncing at same speed so that is why i am surprised here.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Noustaa said:

Hello, i have tried both 9.4.21 and 10.0.20, with both version sync is very fast for Person then Movies then TV Shows then Seasons but then for Episodes it is so slow ! 
Did anyone faced this issue ? 

Or maybe is it normal i don't know ? 

With old versions like 2 years ago, i remember all items were syncing at same speed so that is why i am surprised here.

Should be also fast, I need a kodi.log including the init sync, if I should check it.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, supermood said:

how do I have to understand that factory reset?

The plugin has an option labeled "factory reset". It resets Kodi's database and the plugin settings (and some Kodi settings) to default. A new init sync is required probably also a new login to Emby server.

It's not related to Android or Emby server settings/databases. Some plugin versions upgrades needs a factory reset and is mandatory forced on Kodi start.

Edited by quickmic

Noustaa
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Should be also fast, I need a kodi.log including the init sync, if I should check it.

I sent you log in DM. Thank you for your support ! 

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.21:

Delta changelog 10.0.20 -> 10.0.21

fix boxset updates for realtime sync when content was added
unify code
improve realtime boxset updates sync performance (de-double updates)
fix favorites linked by sub-content
fix image overlay for favorites, when added via Kodi's favorite option
improve internal queue
fix sync crash
fix dynamic nodes refresh when content was deleted, added or modified
supress unnecessary progress updates e.g. after episode playback, season was updated by incoming Emby server notification.
fix content detection by PresentationUniqueKey
improve init sync speed for multiversion content

• Like 2

d0ogie

Fantastic update, thank you! Will deploy today.

quickmic
8 minutes ago, d0ogie said:

Fantastic update, thank you! Will deploy today.

If you are referencing to BoxSet issues, I fixed several bug in this version but on major bug is still pending and will be fixed in next version.

marcmv1

Hi. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm reporting that delete is not being offered anymore at the end of an episode. It was working in .19 but not 20 and 21. Thanks! 

dapharsyde
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 11:10 AM, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.21:

Delta changelog 10.0.20 -> 10.0.21
fix dynamic nodes refresh when content was deleted, added or modified

Tested this again but unfortunately it's still not refreshing the list after I delete a video file.  Please let me know if there's anything else you need to help troubleshoot.

EDIT: Never mind, it appears to be refreshing after a few minutes, which is sufficient enough.  Thanks for your hard work in implementing this fix!

Edited by dapharsyde
  • Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, marcmv1 said:

Hi. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm reporting that delete is not being offered anymore at the end of an episode. It was working in .19 but not 20 and 21. Thanks! 

ok, checking...

Lewpy
On 19/04/2024 at 14:36, quickmic said:

Will be backported yes. As you are on stable version you need to wait a couple of weeks for such minor fixes.

Actually it's quite an edge case therefore not urgent.

Rollout follows

1. public testing

2. beta

3. stable

...unless it's a showstopper.

On 19/04/2024 at 15:47, quickmic said:

Ups, I fixed it. .19 is stable abnd .20 is beta.

But you can try 10.X, the issue should be solved by this version. Usually public testing has no major bugs in standard functionalities. Only new added features are not too good tested.

Just to confirm that the fix reached me last week in the latest v9.x stable release, and it has so far fixed the issue I was having with the "multiversion episode delete issue" 😀👍

• Like 1

quickmic
Posted (edited)

Did anybody perform a full re-sync with .21 and has issues with multicontent assignments? A user reported such an issue....

I think I'll roll the (only) multicontent changes back to .20

Edited by quickmic

Nevrion

Hey, we're trying to use WatchTogether with version 10.0.18. However, we're encountering the following issue: the client always fast-forwards by 40 seconds. Sync starts fine, but after pressing pause, the client fast-forwards by 40 seconds. When we switch films, the client's film also jumps directly to 40 seconds, while for the host, the film starts at zero. Any ideas?

I hope "client" and "host" are the correct terms here.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Nevrion said:

Hey, we're trying to use WatchTogether with version 10.0.18. However, we're encountering the following issue: the client always fast-forwards by 40 seconds. Sync starts fine, but after pressing pause, the client fast-forwards by 40 seconds. When we switch films, the client's film also jumps directly to 40 seconds, while for the host, the film starts at zero. Any ideas?

I hope "client" and "host" are the correct terms here.

I'll check but might be already fixed in the public testing versions.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.22:

Delta changelog 10.0.21 -> 10.0.22

fix favorite sync issue
fix Boxset realtime updates
fix websocket issue
rollback multiversion content changes from 10.0.21. The performance issue will be addressed in one of the next versions. -> different approach
add option to adjust the max URI length
fix delete after watched function
fix pillow library issue

• Like 2

Noustaa

Just tested full resync with version 10.0.22, works perfectly fine !

Quick question about the addon, if i have 2 user profiles on emby server, is it possible to create 2 user profiles on kodi and link them with both profiles on emby ? 

• Like 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Noustaa said:

Just tested full resync with version 10.0.22, works perfectly fine !

Quick question about the addon, if i have 2 user profiles on emby server, is it possible to create 2 user profiles on kodi and link them with both profiles on emby ? 

Yes, but depends what you actually want.

Kodi supports profiles as well.

Option 1, you could use 1 Kodi profile and link this to 2 Emby profiles (plugin config menu -> Manager  servers ->Add user option).

In this case Kodi is "merged" with both Emby accounts.

Option 2, add a new Kodi profile. In this case it's completely independent. Even the server connection/synced libraries everything is starting from zero. Like a new device.

• Like 1

Kyrunner
16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, but depends what you actually want.

Kodi supports profiles as well.

Option 1, you could use 1 Kodi profile and link this to 2 Emby profiles (plugin config menu -> Manager  servers ->Add user option).

In this case Kodi is "merged" with both Emby accounts.

Option 2, add a new Kodi profile. In this case it's completely independent. Even the server connection/synced libraries everything is starting from zero. Like a new device.

Can you also add 2 emby servers? 

Noustaa

Okay thank you i'll take a look at both options !

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

Can you also add 2 emby servers? 

Sure, since long long time.

juro1971
Posted (edited)

Hi all, I just want to test a little.The latest version 10.0.22 can not be installed on kodi 21 due to a missing dependency?!

What I have to do?

Thanks

Juro

Edited by juro1971

quickmic
13 minutes ago, juro1971 said:

Hi all, I just want to test a little.The latest version 10.0.22 can not be installed on kodi 21 due to a missing dependency?!

What I have to do?

Thanks

Juro

Add Emby's for Kodi beta repository, or download the the dependencies from page 1 of this thread. (listed under beta)

• Agree 1