filtering people through access rules

MagicDoubleM

MagicDoubleM

In it's current state the search brings up all people matching the search string, no matter if the user is allowed to watch anything these people are in it. This becomes a little issue if you happen to have also fun stuff for adults on your server, since these profile pics often explicit enough to trigger curiosity and/or raise an eyebrow. 🤪 Also, there's no need to give clues about regular movies and shows on the server that aren't accessible to certain (underaged) users either.

I didn't check other stuff like genres, collections or tags yet, but these are used by some plugins too... 🤔

• Agree 1

Hi.  This sounds like a bug.  Moving to general section.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
hoonlight

A little while ago, my friends were browsing movies and came across a photo of an adult actor. They don't have library access and even tried to block it with tags, but it still shows up. Please solve this problem quickly...

Edited by hoonlight
  • Haha 1

MagicDoubleM
3 hours ago, hoonlight said:

A little while ago, my friends were browsing movies and came across a photo of an adult actor. They don't have library access and even tried to block it with tags, but it still shows up. Please solve this problem quickly...

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Until the issue is fixed, and maybe because it's an cleaner solution anyway, I'd suggest setting up a second instance of emby for this kind of stuff. You can easily switch between servers in the apps...

• Like 1

hoonlight
9 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Until the issue is fixed, and maybe because it's an cleaner solution anyway, I'd suggest setting up a second instance of emby for this kind of stuff. You can easily switch between servers in the apps...

Can I use one EMBY Premier license for more than one instance (server)? Sounds good, thank you.

1 hour ago, hoonlight said:

Can I use one EMBY Premier license for more than one instance (server)? Sounds good, thank you.

Hi, yes you can.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
hoonlight
On 3/28/2024 at 2:31 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes you can.

On 3/28/2024 at 3:39 PM, Happy2Play said:

Thank you for the information.
However, how does the device restriction apply in the following cases?

1. Running Instances A and B

2. Connecting to Instance A with device 'C'

3. Connecting to Instance B with device 'C'

Does the device limit count as 1 because I'm connecting from the same device?

Or is it counted as 2 because they were accessed from different instances, so there is only one actual device?

I understand that the device limit is dependent on the premier key, but I'm wondering how the same device is identified when running multiple instances.

Hi.  It should just count as one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was the issue fixed? I’m heaving the same issue on 4.9.0.14. If I have an adult library that is not shared, on search all “people” under the adult library are shown. Filtering is working as under actor there are no scenes, but there are some posters that are not ok for kids 😀

1 hour ago, shocker said:

Was the issue fixed? I’m heaving the same issue on 4.9.0.14. If I have an adult library that is not shared, on search all “people” under the adult library are shown. Filtering is working as under actor there are no scenes, but there are some posters that are not ok for kids 😀

I created a new emby instance for adult content only, so I don't think I can answer your question.

Edited by hoonlight

2 hours ago, hoonlight said:

I created a new emby instance for adult content only, so I don't think I can answer your question.

No, for sure it's not fixed on v4.9.0.14. I was asking if @Lukefixed this for upcoming releases :)

• Agree 1