Issue with external video player

hhb97b

hhb97b

Hi

I'm having an issue with external video player functionality. I have set it up and runned the setup for years. The last week I haven't been able to start the external video play for a tv serie episode. It works for movies. I use the button on the detail page in both cases but with different results. On the serie episode detail page starts the internal video player. Both videos are the same format.

For a couple of years there have been a bug with pressing the play button on list/index page would also start up the internal video player and not the external one that has been setup. 

The problem is in emby Theather.

Thanks in advance

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? How have you configured the external player?

hhb97b

Hi

The file is of type mkv and the setup is

MediaType: Video

Player path:C:\program files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe

Enabled for: "choosen values" Video files, Blueray, dvd, iso,

Additional filters 3d is not enabled

Command line arguments: "{path}"

Catalog that works is of type movie and the catalog that is not working is TV series.

I haven't changed the configuration and it has been working for years on the details page.

hhb97b

Forgot to mention the version. Emby desktop is 3.0.21 and the server is 4.7.14.0

hhb97b

For movies I go favorites. Click on the film to watch and reads the information on the page. This page contains the all the information for the movie and buttons for play and for trailers, watched, favorite and delete.  This pages works

Tv series I also go to favorites -> choose show -> season -> episode. In here the same button for play, watched, favorites, delete and there is  text about the episode. This one doesn't work, but used to untill 14 days ago.

The pages were you can see all the movies and the pages where you can see all the episode fails if you pushe the remote play button. Then it also uses the built in video play. This has been broken for quite a while(months).

sinisterk

I have the exact same problem as OP.

Using mpc-hc as external player with EMby Theatre. Working fine for years, then without any change it stops working for TV shows. Movie still works with external player but Episodes now only playback via internal player. 

sinisterk

Found a fix that worked for me.

Enable "Internet Streams" in the external player setup. Didn't need it before but now seems I need to for some reason. 

Also fixed the issue I have of external player NOT used when using the play button on the remote to start as well as starting episodes from screens other than the episode page. 

hhb97b

Thanks that solution with "internet streams" works for me as well. The trailer button on movie still works with the internal play, which is fine by me. That was the reason for not choosing the "internet streams" in external video player.

Still odd that this issue occured.The page must have been changed and it must not be the same play function that is used in those cases.

• 2 weeks later...
hhb97b

I not able to reproduce the error on the detail page anymore. However the second bug I'm able to reproduce. The remote play button doesn't start the external video play which you do  it on the season episode page. The same problem is on the movie overview page. 

hhb97b

The play button on a TV remote. Pushing this button on the remote will start a movie/TV episode if you are on an overview page.

9 hours ago, hhb97b said:

The play button on a TV remote. Pushing this button on the remote will start a movie/TV episode if you are on an overview page.

What exactly happens?

hhb97b

its starts the video in the internal video player instead of there external video player

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 2:54 PM, hhb97b said:

its starts the video in the internal video player instead of there external video player

Can you try it again and see if that's still happening?

hhb97b

Hi

I have tried again and the problem persists with the remote controller play button. It still starts the internal videoplayer. The version is 3.0.21. I have closed the application and restartet it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 12:35 PM, hhb97b said:

Hi

I have tried again and the problem persists with the remote controller play button. It still starts the internal videoplayer. The version is 3.0.21. I have closed the application and restartet it.

So you're saying it's fine for movies but not episodes?

hhb97b

You have fixed the issue with the UI button under the detail tv-episode.

The problem is movies index page, like the image, but just in the emby theater. if you mark one of the movies with the rc remove and then pushes the rc remote play button, then emby theater will open the movie in the internal video play and not the configured external videoplay. That the problem. If you use the UI play button on the detail page the external videoplayer. This is the correct behaviour.

billede.thumb.png.4796b0df82e415d42c9f81dd30ad5dee.png

Really strange. Can you try it again? I tested pressing play on the remote control and the external player was used.