Separate Live TV and Library Stream Limit

Warzonefury

Warzonefury

Hello devs !

Would it be possible in a future update to separate the limit between live TV and movies from the library?

It would be nice to be able to have an overall limit and a separate limit for live TV.

Example :

Global stream limit: 2
Live TV limit: 1

Because Live TV streams are more important to limit than the rest. This feature would be very useful I think! Thank you

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
Warzonefury
5 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, is this to avoid hitting an m3u limit?

Yes, and especially to avoid that a person who has a limit of 2 or 3 global streams can use all the available tuners without leaving any for others. Thx

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Just want to put in my support for this request as well - do we know if this is on the roadmap?

Same concern for me - I have a 12 connection limit and I have 12 users with access to IPTV but I want them to be able to use more than 1 connection for non-live content while still having a maximum of 1 live tv connection.

Chillout

Maybe a (simpler) workaround would be If Emby would download the entire .strm file and then work off the local file the connection would only be in use (locked) during the time it took to download the video.  It would also provide a bit better stability by working off a local copy.  

People with bandwidth limitations may not be on board with this but it could be a user option to buffer the entire .strm.