Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available message

gwujkiw

gwujkiw

On my iphone with the emby app I am getting this message when playing certain videos.  It doesn't happen with all videos just some and I cant figure out why.   It also only happens if I am connected to the local network.  If I disconnect from the local network and use emby connect from my cell phone data for example everything works fine.  How can I correct this issue?

• 10 months later...
fraenhawk

Glad I found your response! I was just running into the same problem only on my iPhones running the app (Chrome on same phone was fine). Nothing obvious showing in the server logs for why it was giving the no compatible streams playback error. Deleted and reinstalled the Emby app and everything is working again.

Hi, thanks for following up.

EmbFinPlex

I also seem to be having this issue on an iPhone 15 Pro running the latest version of the app. I tried reinstalling as suggested above but it didn't work. It only seems to be happening with one show from what I can tell. 

embyserver.txt

On 21/05/2024 at 01:55, EmbFinPlex said:

I also seem to be having this issue on an iPhone 15 Pro running the latest version of the app.

The log shows 2 device id's for iPhones: one was used between 20:35 and 20:42 for Friends S10 Ep 1 to 3 and the 2nd iPhone was used 20:47 also for Friends  - it was S10 Ep1

Both were on version 2.2.19 of the iOS app. Can you tell me which one it was ? And any ffmpeg log file for these playbacks?

On 5/20/2024 at 8:55 PM, EmbFinPlex said:

I also seem to be having this issue on an iPhone 15 Pro running the latest version of the app. I tried reinstalling as suggested above but it didn't work. It only seems to be happening with one show from what I can tell. 

embyserver.txt 950.33 kB · 1 download

Hi, have you updated to Emby for iOS 2.2.20? Has that helped?

Hi there,

It appears as though I've also encountered this issue. It's looking like it's encountering a problem with .mkv's that have subtitles included, just based on some preliminary testing.

The device is running iPadOS 17.5.1 with Emby for iOS 2.2.21

Attached is a new server log that I cycled just before reproducing the error.

Very interested in seeing what the resolution to this may be - the last couple hours of internet searching have proved uneventful.

embyserver (1).txt

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Hi there,

It appears as though I've also encountered this issue. It's looking like it's encountering a problem with .mkv's that have subtitles included, just based on some preliminary testing.

The device is running iPadOS 17.5.1 with Emby for iOS 2.2.21

Attached is a new server log that I cycled just before reproducing the error.

Very interested in seeing what the resolution to this may be - the last couple hours of internet searching have proved uneventful.

embyserver (1).txt 60.76 kB · 0 downloads

And if you allow transcoding, what reason is shown?  As playback failure can be expected depending on reason per your settings.

EnablePlaybackRemuxing: False EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: False EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: False 

Restricting access to transcoding will disable quality selection and may cause playback failures in Emby apps due to unsupported media formats or insufficient network bandwidth.

Happy2Play
29 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Same error appears with and without transcoding enabled.

Can only guess related to new client version release and not this topic.  But think devs will have to comment as this is specific to the new client release 2.2.21, correct?

But just updated to beta 2.2.21 and currently not seeing a issue on my iphone se 17.4.1.  Will test again when update to 17.5.1 is done.  No issue seen after OP update to 17.5.1 either in my limited testing.

Edited by Happy2Play
version

Oracle
On 5/26/2024 at 1:56 PM, Luke said:

HI, seems OK here. Can you provide a sample video for testing?

Sure, in the spirit of not infringing on anyone's copyright (lol) - I'll throw some random .mkv together and throw a subtitle in there and see if I can replicate with that. 

• Thanks 1