M3U IPTV channels not playing (Emby Server for Docker)

thijsemby
Go to solution Solved by thijsemby,

thijsemby

Hi there,

I added an M3U file to my live TV setup, but I receive the error 'No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.'

I can however play the URLs directly in VLC etc, so they seem fine?

Log attached.

Thanks for having a look.

embyserver.txt

HI, your provider is sending back a 403 forbidden response code. Can you find out why? You may need to use the user agent and/or referrer options to try and disguise Emby Server from them.

• Solution
thijsemby

Hi @Luke,

Thanks for picking this up. I spoke to the provider and also found a post from another user on the Emby forum. Turns out the issue was due to split tunnelling of my VPN. It appeared to the provider I was using two separate devices (as two different IPs). I changed the VPN settings, and now it works without a problem.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

eraser8
On 2/12/2023 at 8:36 AM, thijsemby said:

Hi @Luke,

Thanks for picking this up. I spoke to the provider and also found a post from another user on the Emby forum. Turns out the issue was due to split tunnelling of my VPN. It appeared to the provider I was using two separate devices (as two different IPs). I changed the VPN settings, and now it works without a problem.

Thanks!

Also, I`m currently experiencing IPTV with M3U access throught Live TV section. One thing that I can notice is, when I access the M3U URL using my nvidia shield and an IPTV apps (Smarter pro), I have access to a lot of classement like sports, french, english, family, and many others "tags" feature. BUT, when I try to connect to the exact same provider using M3U with Live TV, there is nothing as TAGS. I end up having thousan channel without the possibility to class them. (A little bit problematic). 

For information, when I connect throught Smarter pro app on my NVidia shield, instead of connecting with M3U URL, I connected using XStream. Is it the difference? If yes, can I raise my hand to have a plugin that would be able to manage the "XStream-code" connecting mode?

Thanks guys for all your work.

Edited by eraser8

6 hours ago, eraser8 said:

Also, I`m currently experiencing IPTV with M3U access throught Live TV section. One thing that I can notice is, when I access the M3U URL using my nvidia shield and an IPTV apps (Smarter pro), I have access to a lot of classement like sports, french, english, family, and many others "tags" feature. BUT, when I try to connect to the exact same provider using M3U with Live TV, there is nothing as TAGS. I end up having thousan channel without the possibility to class them. (A little bit problematic). 

For information, when I connect throught Smarter pro app on my NVidia shield, instead of connecting with M3U URL, I connected using XStream. Is it the difference? If yes, can I raise my hand to have a plugin that would be able to manage the "XStream-code" connecting mode?

Thanks guys for all your work.

Hi, does your m3u contain any channel group information? That is what is used to create tags.

eraser8
58 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, does your m3u contain any channel group information? That is what is used to create tags.

Hi Luke. Honnestly, I don't know. Sorry for my poor knowledge about that. So this means that the tags are not coming from the stream. Emby is the guys who create them. Is there a way to know a stream contains channel group informations?

Thanks

eraser8
6 hours ago, eraser8 said:

Hi Luke. Honnestly, I don't know. Sorry for my poor knowledge about that. So this means that the tags are not coming from the stream. Emby is the guys who create them. Is there a way to know a stream contains channel group informations?

Thanks

Ok. After some search, I found out that the "group info" is sent through the stream only when we use the flag "type=m3u_plus" in the URL. I previously used only "m3u", this is why I didn't received the group info. NOW, emby give me all tags.

Thank you @Luke to pointing me in the right direction!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Zeke66
On 12/02/2023 at 08:36, thijsemby said:

Hi @Luke,

Thanks!

Hey @thijsemby

I'm currently having the same error as you come up, but it is due to the fact I DONT have a VPN running, and the IPTV services seem to only work when a VPN is running. How did you set up a VPN for Emby without breaking your ability to remotely connect to the server for everything else?

Thanks in advance!

thijsemby
On 05/05/2023 at 15:38, Zeke66 said:

Hey @thijsemby

I'm currently having the same error as you come up, but it is due to the fact I DONT have a VPN running, and the IPTV services seem to only work when a VPN is running. How did you set up a VPN for Emby without breaking your ability to remotely connect to the server for everything else?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, sorry but I'm unable to advise what the issue is at your end. As said mine was specifically to do with changing IP addresses, but that seems unrelated to your issue.