Map Channels option not showing on three dots

Fongaboo

Fongaboo

I've gone through a bunch of posts about automatic channel mapping. But haven't seen mention of this specifically. And I get the impression it's not perfect.

But this guide implies I should be able to at least try, by clicking on the three dots on the Guide Source (in my case Emby Guide Data).

But my three dots only show EDIT and DELETE:

644772125_GuideDataSource.PNG.16a41999ffff4630c5741a38cfa83db8.PNG

Am I just in the wrong spot?

TIA

Hi, that whole function has been moved to the Channels tab of live tv setup, which you can see at the top of the screen. Please let us know if this helps.

@cayars will update that KB article. Thanks.

You can use the edit button from the guide itself as well as from the Channels tab in the Live TV setup in the admin console.

I've updated the Knowledge Base article to articulate both ways to edit a station's guide data.

Channel Mapping

Carlo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
northyj0e

I'd love to have automatic mapping run when you selecta TV guide in the channel, that and bulk editing would make things so much easier for people with multiple EPG sources (for multiple countries)

49 minutes ago, northyj0e said:

I'd love to have automatic mapping run when you selecta TV guide in the channel, that and bulk editing would make things so much easier for people with multiple EPG sources (for multiple countries)

HI, the server already has automatic mapping. The only time you need to edit manually is when an automatic match couldn't be found.

northyj0e
10 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, the server already has automatic mapping. The only time you need to edit manually is when an automatic match couldn't be found.

I know that, but it sometimes gets it wrong and matches a similar name from another guide. What I'm saying is that, instead of only happening once, it happened when a guide has been selected for the channel as well, running the automap process but only for channels in that guide.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:33 AM, northyj0e said:

I know that, but it sometimes gets it wrong and matches a similar name from another guide. What I'm saying is that, instead of only happening once, it happened when a guide has been selected for the channel as well, running the automap process but only for channels in that guide.

Actually it happens on every guide refresh, unless you override it by manually mapping.