Don't see thumbnails in new added movies/shows (Synology)

Nightreaver

Nightreaver

Im hitting the same issue for a while now. It seems to be unconsistent, but whenever I really want to add something, its technically broken.

"Search for images" returns black cards

image.png.90ad92154f7425f470e1973f827e52c4.png

If I open in a new window

image.png.4b831efa7844b4cfcb99b2da13c00eb6.png#

.. i just wanted to snap it, but suddenly it works again for no obvious reason.

Running emby version 4.7.8.0

embyserver(2).txt

Happy2Play

@Nightreaver Suggest an issue with certificate store.

The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid

NotTimeValid: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
RevocationStatusUnknown: The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.
OfflineRevocation: The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

The sites that are failing have Let's Encrypt certs but are valid.  So it sounds like the expired Let's Encrypt root certificate issue.

This looks like a dated platform.

Version: 4.7.8.0

emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 28 02:17:26 CST 2021

@FrostByteis that an older DSM 6 version?

Edited by Happy2Play

Nightreaver

Im using latest version of DSM 6 - DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 6  actually I'm afraid DSM7 ist breaking more than its fixing.

I also didnt notice any datetime differences between my NAS and the time on my pc.

On 11/2/2022 at 11:13 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Nightreaver Suggest an issue with certificate store.

The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid

NotTimeValid: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
RevocationStatusUnknown: The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.
OfflineRevocation: The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

The sites that are failing have Let's Encrypt certs but are valid.  So it sounds like the expired Let's Encrypt root certificate issue.

This looks like a dated platform.

Version: 4.7.8.0

emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 28 02:17:26 CST 2021

@FrostByteis that an older DSM 6 version?

If its invalid root certificate, why it is working one time, and not the other? 

Currently its loading the images again. At first not all because of bad cache or whatever, but when I toggle "All languages" on and off repeatedly they all show up after a while. 

Here my proof that it currently works :D and how it work with "all languages"

First time open this window:image.thumb.png.fa7beed4a30a6f010474166a67a213ed.png

first toggle of "all languages"

image.thumb.png.11eab06b63bf1a0c11190ae4352e3cad.png

second toggle (to "off")

image.thumb.png.0653f5058da32c68e4f8553671a7b5a3.png

So, currently no SSL issue.

Well, now the issue is back :D sadge

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by Nightreaver

SSL is one of those things were the host platform is involved so i do still feel like updating to DSM 7 could help. In fact staying on an older version of DSM will make this harder to troubleshoot. 

Are you using Synology Quick Connect? If you turn that on it has a built-in vpn from what I understand, so I'd turn that off if you are.

Happy2Play

Common denominator is specific to your system and Let's Encrypt.  As you are only failing on that cert that I can see.  All other CloudFlare connections work without an issue.