iOS client gets frequently logged out

mprasil

mprasil
On 11/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, K22R8CT said:

When I changed the subnet of the beta instance (preventing it from broadcasting to the iOS device) the problem went away.

That's interesting. Can you clarify what you mean by changing the subnet? You mean in the Emby configuration or actually moving Emby to some other subnet?

On 11/11/2022 at 7:53 PM, samuelqwe said:

change the LAN networks setting in Emby to something that isn't your local network subnet and make it think it's always remote

Yeah, I think I might try that. So far anything I tried haven't helped and the iOS client is still logging out.

K22R8CT
1 hour ago, mprasil said:

That's interesting. Can you clarify what you mean by changing the subnet? You mean in the Emby configuration or actually moving Emby to some other subnet?

I run emby in docker (on unRAID) so it's virtualized. In my case it was as simple as changing the network type from host to bridge i.e. "moving it" to the virtual subnet.

Edited by K22R8CT

mprasil
5 hours ago, K22R8CT said:

changing the network type from host to bridge i.e. "moving it" to the virtual subnet

Ah I see. I'm already doing that. Thanks for clarification.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
skooogis

My sister keeps getting disconnected like mentioned above.
We both run 192.168.1 subnet in our homes, so someone of us need to change subnet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 7:29 AM, skooogis said:

My sister keeps getting disconnected like mentioned above.
We both run 192.168.1 subnet in our homes, so someone of us need to change subnet?

Hi, are you still running into this?

mprasil
7 hours ago, Luke said:

I just ran into this now. Haven't used the Emby client for about a month, so not sure when it happened. I logged in and will try again in a week or so.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
mprasil
On 4/8/2023 at 2:23 AM, Luke said:

Just a follow up. I think the situation might have improved and I can still see the client logged in. So if it still happens, it's definitely not as frequent.

skooogis
On 4/8/2023 at 3:23 AM, Luke said:

Yes. Was visiting her yesterday, and she was logged out again.

• 5 months later...
skooogis
44 minutes ago, lilarcor said:

I experienced the same issue with IOS latest version and 4.8.0.53 on server

My sister has had this problem for 1 year now..She has to type in server and username etc like once a week or every other week.

mprasil
On 5/3/2023 at 9:33 AM, mprasil said:

Just a follow up. I think the situation might have improved and I can still see the client logged in. So if it still happens, it's definitely not as frequent.

Unfortunately it might have been just random improvement. Back to getting logged out pretty frequently.

6 hours ago, skooogis said:

My sister has had this problem for 1 year now..She has to type in server and username etc like once a week or every other week.

Same here. One thing that I don't understand is why at least the server configuration isn't preserved. In my case the credentials are stored in password manager so that specific iOS user would easily log in had the server configuration been preserved. But having to enter the server details is (quite literary) showstopper.

@Lukewould it be possible to preserve the server information and just ask for credentials rather than reverting to the beginning of the log-in process?

mprasil
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Is app data getting cleared somehow? Please note we are excluding credentials from icloud syncing.

Can you think of any reason why that would happen? Also all the downloaded Emby media survives this logout, so if my understanding of how iOS storage works is correct, I'd say the data likely isn't cleared.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 9:12 AM, mprasil said:

Can you think of any reason why that would happen? Also all the downloaded Emby media survives this logout, so if my understanding of how iOS storage works is correct, I'd say the data likely isn't cleared.

Hi, are you still having an issue with this?

mprasil
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you try Emby for iOS 2.2.15 and let us know how that compares? Thanks.

Sure! Upgraded today, will see how it fares. But it usually takes a week or two before the issue surfaces.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
jbourne

Thought I’d share as this has been happening with me since forever (1+ years for sure). I’m always on the latest beta iOS and Emby version, and it always logs out “at some point” (unclear when). However, it definitely doesn’t have anything to do with a long timeout - I was playing a movie about an hour ago, went into a hotel, set the phone down, picked it up again an hour later to watch the movie and I’m logged out.  Server is remembered, just credentials are cleared. Note that I did not join the hotel’s network. I’m also running as an SSL cert that’s mapped to an outside host name that resolves internally to an internal IP - but I _never_ use my iPhone with Emby on my internal network so that shouldn’t even be an issue. 

mprasil

Yeah agree with @jbourneit's still an issue. Also can confirm that there's no real pattern to it, sometimes it happens after weeks, sometimes it's just a few days. At this stage it's honestly hard to debug as my iOS users essentially stopped using Emby for this exact reason.