Don't see thumbnails in new added movies/shows

Przemek
Go to solution Solved by Przemek,

Hello, from few weeks after some server upgrades when I add new media I don't see any thumbnails. When I try to add new and search I also don't see anything. I must click in blank image and hope it's wright. After some time it change and it works.

Emby server ver. 4.7.6.0

Screenshot_2022-09-24-12-08-09-88_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Edited by Przemek

49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this. Thanks.

Hi, I try to find picture wright now to movie I already have and also was empty thumbnails. I attach emby log.
Regards.

embyserver (2).txt

Happy2Play

A guess may be an issue in netcore 6.0.2.

Error is a little different though

2022-09-24 13:25:12.018 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/kfS0frsBQT7CtMxRxI2zfvBwTWV.jpg
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-18-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.SendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CompleteHandshake(SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsync(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Stream stream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsync(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Stream stream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.SendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.CompleteHandshake(SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)

But this error suggests a certificate error on provider site but I do not get this error but do not use this host platform.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Happy2Play
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you able to update to a newer version of the .net runtime?

Is the platform limiting .Net as this shows 6.0.2 vs Windows showing 6.0.7 or is it just the platform builds?

8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is the platform limiting .Net as this shows 6.0.2 vs Windows showing 6.0.7 or is it just the platform builds?

Oh wait I misread this. For some reason I thought this was on arch linux.

The runtime is embedded. We'll have a 4.7.7 update any day now with a newer runtime that may resolve this.

• 2 weeks later...
Przemek
On 9/25/2022 at 6:49 AM, Luke said:

Oh wait I misread this. For some reason I thought this was on arch linux.

The runtime is embedded. We'll have a 4.7.7 update any day now with a newer runtime that may resolve this.

Hi @Luke I have Emby ver. 4.7.8.0 and still have that problem. That's not annoing problem because it finds that images after some time but when I want to do it by myself it don't find. 
Edit. Now after I try to edit images and it failed to show thumbnails I go to Identify movie and then it find pictures. 
Regards.

3 hours ago, Przemek said:

Hi @Luke I have Emby ver. 4.7.8.0 and still have that problem. That's not annoing problem because it finds that images after some time but when I want to do it by myself it don't find. 
Edit. Now after I try to edit images and it failed to show thumbnails I go to Identify movie and then it find pictures. 
Regards.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do that? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Przemek
On 11/1/2022 at 12:24 AM, Luke said:

Well done.

Hmm, today I occur that situation again, but after I login again poster was there.

Screenshot_2022-11-03-22-56-57-13_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-03-22-56-50-85_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-03-22-56-42-51_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Przemek
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Server log?

Hi, Today I add new 3 movies. I can't add posters when I want to. I go to settings download Embyserver.txt and go to start page, then all posters was there. So it's not any great poroblem :)

Regards.

Zrzut ekranu z 2022-11-04 11-00-33.png

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

@LukeTwo Linux platforms with the same issue.  Looks to be specific to Let's Encrypt as I mentioned.

The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid

Przemek
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Are you using a VPN?

Yes, I have Tailscale and Wireguard always on. Also use windscribe in deluge-vpn docker.

Can you try turning those off and see how it compares? They could be interfering with these requests (likely are).

Yea so far with two other users the problem was caused by their system date/time zone being wrongly configured.

• 2 weeks later...
Przemek
On 11/4/2022 at 7:57 PM, Luke said:

Can you try turning those off and see how it compares? They could be interfering with these requests (likely are).

Hi, I turn off Tailscale and download new movie (tv series are always OK). First I don't see poster but when I choose to edit thumbnails it search and I add without problems. 
Ps. My timezone is correct Europe/Warsaw in my dietpi server but I remember that it was recently upgrade many times on my system.

Regards.

Przemek
On 11/6/2022 at 4:40 AM, Luke said:

Yea so far with two other users the problem was caused by their system date/time zone being wrongly configured.

I see now that I have entry about timezones in Sonarr: `/usr/share/zoneinfo...`

There's no entry like that in Radarr so maybe that is reason.

Screenshot_2022-11-16-12-50-31-75_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg