Roku RefFrames

speechles

@@Luke

I resubmitted my changes on github for the roku. It adds the missing roku model 4200R which people do claim to have.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6674-recommended-iso-rip-method-for-best-results-on-roku-3/?hl=4200r&do=findComment&comment=91964

The OP of that thread has a 4200R. Might his audio issue be related to lack of DTS and transcoding? This will correctly associate DTS with that model too.

I also changed the maxrefframes for roku3 up to 12. This should be done because its a limit really of roku2 to be stuck at 8. The roku3 has an enhanced broadcom chip with absolutely 0 reference manuals. So this is alot of testing, and confirmation. It would be very helpful if other people with roku3 would test this change with their video collections. Specifically it seems the refframe support is in direct correlation to the level specified. It also appears container specific. So what needs to be done is people need to test all the levels and refframes and containers they can and hopefully report back here the videos which failed. So far, this is what I've figured out tonight:

DIRECT mkv-l2.1-f5-Little.Manhattan

DIRECT mkv-l3.0-f5-007.Thunderball

DIRECT mkv-l3.1-f3-Gullivers.Travels

DIRECT mkv-l3.1-f4-Million.Dollar.Baby

DIRECT mkv-l3.1-f5-Mr.Brooks

DIRECT mkv-l4.0-f7-American.Pie.Beta.House

DIRECT mkv-l4.0-f8-Law.Abiding.Citizen

FAILED mp4-l3.1-f4-Mercury.Rising

DIRECT mp4-l3.1-f5-Midnight.in.Paris

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f3-Meet.Joe.Black

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f6-Mr.and.Mrs.Smith

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f7-Millers.Crossing

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f8-Meet.Dave

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f9-Mr.Beans.Holiday

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f10-Moulin.Rouge

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f12-Master.and.Commander.The.Far.Side.of.the.World

DIRECT mp4-l4.0-f12-Message.In.A.Bottle

DIRECT mp4-l4.1-f4-When.Saturday.Comes

DIRECT mp4-l4.1-f5-The.Conjuring

DIRECT mp4-l5.0-f5-Born.To.Be.Wild

DIRECT mp4-l5.1-f8-The Social Network

l = level / f = refframes

The level 5.x are all 1080p. The rest are 720p. In my tests only 1 video type I have fails. When it fails the loading bar fills to 100% and stays. The video never plays. You just see the full buffer its loaded, just to clarify what failed means. This is an mp4 with a level of 3.1 and refframes of 4. The mkv container for another video seems able to play. This may have to do with bitrate as the mp4 does have a ridiculously low bitrate. I will do more video tests and hopefully others can too. ;)

Edited by speechles