TrueNAS: emby jail web interface not working after upgrade

johnbajer

alucryd
On 7/4/2022 at 10:28 PM, NachoMan77 said:

Thanks! Do you have a direct link for the correct  overlay/usr/local/etc/rc.d/emby-server file? I'd prefer to replace the offending file in the meantime instead of dealing with reinstalling the offiicial package.

@NachoMan77 I only have the template for this file, but if you install our official package inside the plugin jail it will overwrite the file with the correct one. You can SSH into the jail and run:

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.0.5/emby-server-freebsd13_4.7.0.5_amd64.pkg

Replace freebsd13 with freebsd12 if this is a 12 jail.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
Slopelitter

I updated my emby it stopped working looks like that bad version is still being deployed by TrueNas. I went here and followed the CLI install had no issues now it's working.  I won't be using that update feature anymore i'll stop in here find out about updates. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, Slopelitter said:

I updated my emby it stopped working looks like that bad version is still being deployed by TrueNas. I went here and followed the CLI install had no issues now it's working.  I won't be using that update feature anymore i'll stop in here find out about updates. 

Your server dashboard will also inform you when an update is available. Please submit your feedback here:

https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-emby/pull/7

If we can get them to merge in the change, then you should be able to use the version in the truenas web interface.

dhenzler

The mlock issue is killing almost any BSD installation.  image.png.75bbf2be4a3aeb461f657954527dd97e.png

if you ran top you would see that emby is disabled something like nlnslp which means it can't be started.  clicking the allow_mlock checkbox solves the problem

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
NachoMan77
On 8/14/2022 at 7:28 PM, dhenzler said:

The mlock issue is killing almost any BSD installation.  image.png.75bbf2be4a3aeb461f657954527dd97e.png

if you ran top you would see that emby is disabled something like nlnslp which means it can't be started.  clicking the allow_mlock checkbox solves the problem

Thanks you! This fixed it for me. Been having this problem for a few months (rolling back right after a new update failed) and didn't have the time or interest in debuging.

• Thanks 1