Update to 4.7.0.60 in unRAID

justdrooit

justdrooit

I switched from a Windows Server install to unRAID a few months ago and it's been great... 'cept I haven't had to manually update Emby Server on my Docker before, so I'm hoping this is the easiest help anyone has had to give me. I want to say the previous update on it was a virtually automatic process but I'm not sure I'm just remembering what it was like on Windows.

I understand it's effectively just installing it overtop of what is there... yet, to my knowledge, unRAID runs on Slackware and I don't see that listed in the installation instructions.

My unRAID is running v6.10.1. My Emby is currently 4.6.7.0 and I'm looking to update to 4.7.0.60

Many thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
papastan

Hi,

I too am looking for some handholding. You said you did a "force update." How do you do this?

Thanks.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:21 PM, papastan said:

Hi,

I too am looking for some handholding. You said you did a "force update." How do you do this?

Thanks.

Hi @papastan, does this help?

Once the new image has been built, then open the unRAID webui and click on the "Docker" tab and then press the "Check for Updates" button, this should then change the "Version" for the Docker container to "update ready" then simply click on this and click the "Just do it!" button to begin the download of the newer image.

papastan

Thanks, I figured it out -- there was something wrong with my docker container. I just had to reinstall the container with the same mapping.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
simonmason

Just jumping on this topic.  I am in the process of switching to Docker.  In order to upgrade my current docker which is running Emby 4.7.8.0 it seems that I have to rebuild the image for the docker?  I don't know how to do that?  I installed the docker from the apps section and had to do very little to configure it.  So I would appreciate some help walking me through this.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, simonmason said:

Just jumping on this topic.  I am in the process of switching to Docker.  In order to upgrade my current docker which is running Emby 4.7.8.0 it seems that I have to rebuild the image for the docker?  I don't know how to do that?  I installed the docker from the apps section and had to do very little to configure it.  So I would appreciate some help walking me through this.  Thanks.

Hi, what are you migrating from?

simonmason

Sorry. Should have been clearer.  I was running Emby on an old Windows HA server.  I then installed the docker on my unraid and successfully moved all of my emby settings over to it.  But since I am new to using dockers I don’t actually know how to update the emby server in the docker.  Was reading this thread hoping to get some pointers but I haven’t figured it out yet.  On windows I would let Emby take care of it and I would just click the restart server.  In the Docker it says please shut down the server and install the latest version but I am not sure how to do that.

Thanks for the help.

simonmason

Never mind, it was as simple as using the Force Update option.  I thought I had to download the updated version and put it somewhere in order to do this but the Docker seems to handle all of that.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1