Using Trakt with Emby, Why?

Tenyrsgone27

Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

Can someone help me to understand why you would want to use Trakt with Emby? Emby Server tracks all your local TV shows, movies, on deck for new episodes etc. What are the benefits of using Trakt with Emby? 

Thanks

Tenyrsgone27

Hi, some people use it as a way to have an online backup of their watch data.

MBSki
44 minutes ago, Tenyrsgone27 said:

Hello, 

Ok thank you that makes sense. 

Thanks! 

Yes, and if you use multiple platforms like Plex and Emby, you can watch in one and it'll sync to the other. Plus, it makes it easier to migrate to a different platform in the future if needed. 

I also like how you can can see latest watched episodes and movies at trakt.tv as well as keep track of upcoming shows and movies.

• Thanks 1

Tenyrsgone27

Interesting. I do have both Plex and Emby server running. Good to know for the future. 

• Like 1

MBSki

One other benefit that I forgot is Trakt will track everything that you watch even if it isn't in Emby. You just have to manually mark it as played at trakt.tv if you watch something outside of Emby. If you ever add something that was watched elsewhere (i.e. Netflix, movie theater, etc. ) to your library at a later time, it'll automatically sync and mark it as watched in Emby (and Plex) too.  

Tenyrsgone27

I use Trakt with Kodi and love it for the forecasting out a week for up-coming episodes and shows. I add the shows either on the Trakt site or in Kodi. What I watch in Kodi is slightly different than what is in my library. Not sure if it would be a fit for my setup, but good information. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
WeWillSee

Question just installed trakt on phone but how do I know sync all watched items on Emby to trakt? 

27 minutes ago, WeWillSee said:

Question just installed trakt on phone but how do I know sync all watched items on Emby to trakt? 

Trakt adds a couple scheduled tasks to the server scheduled tasks that you can execute manually as needed, usually just once after initial setup. For new content added going forward after that, it will be automatic.