Update Live TV Channel Icons

mickle026

mickle026

I think LiveTV channel Icons/Images should update via the guide refresh, whether it be an m3u8 file of a HDHomerun or Tuner

One of the current extremely frustrating  issues is that if you use guide data, map the channels. Then Emby pulls the icons, this is fine. All is ok.

However,  when the Guide is changed, the icons don't change, so an incorrectly mapped file whether it be automatic or manual, won't get new channel images/icons until each "wrong" image is manually deleted.

A checkbox to refresh images on guide updates or a button to refresh images manually (like a one time run)?

So without this any changes make a channel will "appear" to be a completely different channel because of its channel logo/icon.

Anything to update them without having to manually delete every single incorrect one (which is 3 deletes each, dark, light and grey with colour) would be very useful.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, yes the problem is that you could have changes made on the emby side that would be lost if we did that.

Well this could be an option then.
"Guide refresh overrides existing icons Y/N"
Problem solved... Emby already has this type of option for other metadata.

I agree with the OP that it is incredibly frustrating to have icons being mixed up all over the place every time the tuner line-up changes! I just had the same happening to me today...

And since we are talking about the channel lineup: ordering it should be much simpler than it currently is with the up/down feature. There should be some buttons to automatically sort the lineup by either of the following, at a minimum: a) channel name, b) channel number, c) "Sort title" field (currently implemented but not doing anything, at least not for me).

mickle026

I added it to my own plugin here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/94263-backup-restore-actors-beta-with-local-or-web-based-restore/page/7/#comment-1129071

It works just fine without messing with anything else. 487 channels took just 2 seconds to remove all the logos on my system.  They re-appeared correctly when I ran a guide refresh.

All my logos are now correct.

Edited by mickle026