More extensive photo features

MSI2017

MSI2017

Hi all,

So I LOVE Google Photos. It works nicely across devices, the interface is fast and easy and the tools given to easily find pictures like Face grouping and object identification are great. Just one small problem. You have to take Google's word that they won't do anything with it. I've looked around but there really isn't a self-hosted alternative to Google Photos. 
Now, I understand this is a huge expansion but I can see people choosing Emby just for this. 
How cool would it be if the Emby app could have its own tab for device photos? Like the gallery (or GPhotos) app you use right now. But it would work the same as Google Photos. Allowing you to easily find photos and, more importantly, upload the on-device pictures to your Emby server. If this work independently per user you can even let your family member use this. 

I am aware of PhotoPrism and Piwigo etc but they either need a docker install (not that user-friendly) or miss a lot of the features that make GPhoto's so great. PhotoStructure is going in the right way (implementing Google Photo's metadata extraction is super smart) but they do not offer an app or multiple user accounts that are separate from each other.
There are quite a lot of open-source software pieces for image recognition available and the Emby infrastructure also already exists. I would love to see it!

• 9 months later...